- It's complicated -

A/n - This is a 2003 Mikey x gender neutral reader soulmate au

Soulmates were complicated.

It's not like you despised the idea of soulmates but being destined to someone since the day you were born made you feel like you were tied to fate, where you could not make your own decisions, you wore long sleeved shirts to hide your mark, you didn't think it was that important to find your soulmate.

You looked at the spot beneath your clothing where your soulmate mark was, your soulmate marking was half of an orange on your left shoulder, it indicated that your soulmate would have the other half of the said fruit on their right arm, but their, it's, his or her orange had to be the other half, complementing the spherical shape, just like the yin yang, i know ironic right...

"Is there a problem, y/n?" Your biology teacher asked you.

You blinked several times, being pulled back to reality.

"Shit, what did he say?" You asked to yourself.

"Uhm... No, of course not." You said and you started to hear some whispers

"Perfect, stay after classes so we can talk about it." Mr.Newgate said, you nodded a little bit confused.

Once the bell rang, you picked up all your things and went to the teacher's desk.

You were about to ask the teacher what he wanted to talk about when your phone buzzed from a new text message, the message was from Michaelangelo, if he was human he'd be the most popular boy at your school, but he wasn't, he was a humanoid turtle that lived in the sewers.... the text read as follows "Hey y/n, there's something I want to talk about with you....something I've been meaning to ask about for awhile now..."

"First of all, thank you for agreeing on helping the new transfer student Michael out with his exams y/n, it's very kind of you." Your teacher said.

"Oh no, is that - "

"Anyway, y/n, like I said before, since you are my most brilliant student, you will be tutoring Michael until the finals and this, of course, will benefit you too, if you get Michael to pass his finals, you won't only get another point on your final grade, but you will also receive a recommendation letter from me." He said.

Well fuck, The person er turtle I was trying to actively avoid is now at my school, but hey, at least you'll get a recommendation letter if I do a good job, so it's not that bad.

You nodded and bowed to the teacher, who left the classroom leaving you and Michael, who was really Michelangelo alone.

"So uhm... Where do you want to study? We could like totally go to the library or something." Mikey asked.

"Okay cut the bullshit Mikey, why are you here... ?"
Look we can study at my place, my parents are barely at home and I don't have siblings...

"woah relax dudette, can't a turtle hang shell with his best friend....?"

In less than a month, the two of you had grown quite close to each other and it surprised you how quickly you became friends...

But Mikey was different, and there was no doubt why everybody in the lair loved him, besides that he was one of the most attractive people you had ever seen, for a turtle at least, he was a really sweet and charming guy, the one who radiated the most positive, warm and caring vibes, and he had a special love for his cat klunk...

He was the type of guy everybody wanted to befriend and he was nothing like the egocentric and rude guy his brother raph was when April first introduced you to them.