Mambh 15

Apparently, Deb and Jordan had some sort of blackmail on me, I bet it's a bluff since Deb hasn't been near me and Wes was practically and literally by my side 24/7 for this past week since we were working on projects and experiments together. This was my first time leaving the lab since last week. I sort of guess that it's good that I'm out of the lab.

I walk into Deb's office and I see Nelson, Tyler, Deb and Jordan looking annoyed while Wes looked like he was tired of everyone's drama and rubbish. To be honest I can't blame him, because everything has been absolutely crazy this past month. When Deb showed me a picture of a girl my confusion even more.

"who is this girl? Is she dating you?" Deb demanded and I looked at her with absolute shock and almost with tears in my eyes. She looked at me annoyed and Wes looked at her with a look of anger and wondering how she even got the damned picture.

"Do you not remember Ally? The lass that died 4 months ago? She's the one in the picture" They (Deb and Nelson) looked at me with realisation whilst Tyler looked confused.

"who's Ally?" Tyler asked not picking up what I dropped off (not getting what I'm saying/not understanding what I'm saying) so I reply with.

"Ally is my older sister/older sibling, her full name is Allistair Jayne cobalt. She died four months ago from an illness syntec was trying to treat/cure." A look of shock comes over Tyler's face and they start apologising to me for assuming something so silly due to a picture of me and my older sister. I laugh and say,
"it's fine, but next time ask me before you all assume something about my private life." They all nod and I smile. I walk out without saying anything else.

I walk into my office and shut the door; locking the door, I sit on the floor and I bring my knees to my chest. I then place my head on my knees. Tears start filling my field of vision and I try not to let them fall or to make any noise. I hear a knock on my office door which startles me followed by a voice on the other side of the door.

"Hey Ben? Can you let me in?" The voice appeared to be wes' voice which gave me a sense of security in some way. Maybe it's because all though we have had our differences due to what used to be our old crushes on Deb, I see him as an older brother.

"Hang on a minute." I say nonchalantly while trying to hide the panic in my voice as I get up to open the door. My hands quickly fumble to unlock and open the door.