Mambh 19

I struggle to stay in the hospital room as it hurt seeing Tyler like this. Nelson and Wes kept joking around, they were trying to cheer me up which I appreciated but it didn't help at all. Carbon monoxide poisoning was no joke. My best friend was unconscious and in the hospital's intensive care unit. I don't know what will happen to them. I might lose them like I lost Ally.

Wes looked at me and he put his hands on my shoulders. I felt like breaking down and crying; but I refused to let this situation get the better of me. If I let this break me down then I wouldn't be able to handle anything else.

I was so close to crying that I had to step out. The temptation was really hard to resist since everything was happening way too fast. I looked through the window at Tyler and tears began to leak from my eyes. My heart started aching more as flashbacks began to fill my head

(flashback to 5 months ago no one's pov)

Ben was standing outside of an intensive care unit window, looking at his older sister. Tears were rolling down his eyes and Wesley was there with him to support him. They both decided to walk in the room and sit with Ally. It was hard to see his older sister like that. He believed that it was his fault that she was the way she was.

It had hurt Wes to see Ben in such an emotional wreck but nothing could be done. The damage that the sanguis vitae (life's blood) trials did could not be undone as it was made with radioactive chemicals.

Ben's pov (20 minutes late)

Wes had left the hospital fifteen minutes ago and I was sat next to Ally clasping her right hand with both of my hands. She looks at me with a pained smile and I smiled back knowing that she doesn't have long left. I think she herself knew it but kept smiling cause she didn't want me to see her in anymore pain and discomfort than she already was.

She slowly falls asleep as I gently kiss her hand wishing that she has a very pleasant, vibrant and beautiful afterlife when death greets her like an old friend. Her heart monitor starts going crazy as kiss her hand one final time while I silently cry.

"Sleep well big sis, you deserve to rest after all of the pain you've endured." I say as her heart stops beating. Wes and the doctors walk in to see me smiling while crying.

"why didn't you call us to resuscitate her?" one of the doctors ask as I caress her cheek then stand up as I kiss her forehead. I chuckle softly as tears start flowing down my face a lot faster.

"bringing her back would be pointless, she was suffering and would suffer even more. She would have wanted me to rest if I was in her position. At the end of the day I'm doing what my older sister would have done for me." They look at me with shock then nods as they realise what I mean. My big sister was finally at rest and everyone has to accept it.

My heart was aching but I'm guessing it was from the fact that she had let herself suffer for other people's benefit. I'm glad to see her rest. Her suffering was not for naught, I will make the serum safer to cause less damage to the body's cells.