21: You Win Some You Lose Some

WES’S POV
When we got back to the dormitory, we asked the other’s where Ben was and they did not know which worried me slightly. Ben would not just pull a disappearing stunt on us like this. It was uncharacteristic of him. I know he was worried about Tyler but he would not just disappear on us.
I went up to his room and knocked on the door but to no surprise he did not answer. ‘He’s probably on a walk to calm down' I thought as I went back down to the others and shook my head. As I sat down in my usual chair and opened my book.
Ben’s pov
I sat down on the edge of the bridge where me, Wes, Deb, Nelson and Tyler had fallen off of when we were younger. There was many amazing memories before that day and I wish I could relive them. I have enough money for the surgery and I had texted the doctor to go through with the surgery. My heart ached from the thought of losing my best friend.
I had a feeling that Wes and the others would be worried about me at this current moment of time, but I could care less, my best friend was dying and I am sat here being useless. If I could take Tyler’s place I would and I would not regret it. I just remembered that Wes had been stupid and had injected himself with the ‘life’s blood’ serum and I started worrying because it had serious effects on Ally. I did not want to lose the only person who has been there for me when Ally died.
8 hours later
It has been 8 hours and no news from the doctor but all of sudden, the doctor texted me saying he needed to speak to me in person. I had arrived at the hospital to see Nelson, Deb and Wes there.
‘’ah, Mr. cobalt there you are, I have got some news about the surgery.’’ The doctor says and the other three look at me with shock and worry caused I looked like I had been dragged through multiple bushes.
‘’what is the news?’’ I ask with confusion and worry.
‘’the surgery was successful but…’’ the doctor replies
‘’there was some form of complication?’’ I inquire and the doctor nods.
‘’I’m sorry for your loss sir.’’ The doctor replies and my eyes widened in shock.