Mambh 16

As Wes walks in I sit in my office chair and I curl up into the foetal position. Wes looks at me with confusion and concern. He sits in the arm chair opposite to the one I'm sitting in.

"Ben? Are you alright? Your diaphragm seems to be moving more irregularly than usual." Wes asked concerned since he has never seen me this panicked to extent that I am at the current moment. I curl up further into my chair without responding. My breath hitches as the world starts spinning, my vision goes blurry and my hands make their way to me ears.

Everything was hurting. It was hard to breathe, all I could hear was the voices saying it was my fault that Ally had died. The voices were right, they always were right. I couldn't hide from the voices so I had to listen to them messing with my mind, but why did they always have to be right? I could have stopped Ally from going through the tests. I could have got her to volunteer to do something a million time safer. I could have protected her from the hands and harsh hold of syntec.

I don't know how long the panic attack had gone on for but I felt someone wrap their arms around me and pull me into their chest for a warm and safe embrace. I could hear someone whispering reassuring things into my ears but I couldn't quite make out what they were saying. My lungs were burning and my sight was starting to return. I look up to see Tyler looking down at me while stroking my hair. Tyler wipes the tears away from my eyes. I hug Tyler back and I rest my head in their shoulder. We stay as we are for a few minutes. My body stops shaking and Tyler smiles as I look up at them.
"Do you want to talk about why you were having a panic attack?" Tyler and Wes asks at the same time. I groan due to a migraine caused by the blasted panic attack.

"I'll talk about it when I feel ready to as I don't feel comfortable talking about it at the current moment." I reply as I nuzzle my head into Tyler's neck. I faintly feel Tyler starting to stroke my hair again and as they continue to stroke my hair, I slowly start to fall asleep.

No one's pov

Tyler and Wes look at Ben as they both chuckle/laugh. Wes looks at Tyler with a smile before saying.

"you really have a way of keeping him calm huh?" Tyler chuckles

and replies with.

"I had remembered that stroking his hair helped to calm him down when he was younger, so I just applied that logic."