20: Choices

I looked at Tyler and sighed. The hospital fee will cost me so much but I honestly do not care as long as Tyler is safe and healthy. If I had to pay the world’s largest fortune for their happiness I would pay it, no matter the cost I will always commit myself to keeping Tyler safe, happy and healthy. Tyler means the world to me and I would give the world to them. Ally always said I would find someone I would want to protect and care for, she was right, she always was right. They both know me better than I know myself.
Wes looked at me and smiled softly. Nelson sighed as Tyler’s heart monitor started going crazy and he called for a doctor. My eyes widen as Wes brings me out of the room. My whole body starts shaking as the world goes blurry and it starts spinning. The voices were back and had even more of a vengeance than usual.
‘’its your fault. You are letting them die. You should be on that hospital bed instead. You do not deserve Tyler. You are failing to protect them. You cannot do anything right.’’ The voices would not shut up. Why will not they shut up. Wes put his arms around me as I silently cried. I never did make much noise when crying so that people would not notice.
But Wes being Wes he noticed and was hugging me tightly to which Deb who had just come running in saw and did not exactly like. It sounded like she was berating him/reprimanding him for supporting me. Why couldn’t anything go right? If I could just make the right choice this would not have happened. This is all my fault if I was not like this then Tyler would be safe and my sister would not be dead.
Wes looked at me concerned as I doubled over from the excruciating mental pain of seeing Tyler like this. Deb rolled her eyes as if she thought I was being dramatic. Nelson sighed as he looked at me with pity and concern. I could not go on like this I had to walk out of the hospital if I wanted to keep my sanity.
The doctor in charge of Deb’s case had walked up to us with a sad look on his face. I had tears that stung my eyelids in my eyes so it was hard to see them. Wes had practically pulled me up to the point where I was standing upright but still leaning on him.
‘’I am sorry to interrupt you four but I am the lead doctor in charge of mx. o’caeliegh’s case and I regret to inform you that they are in need of surgery due to the carbon monoxide that caused necrosis to occur in their lungs.’’
‘’oh goodness, how much would the surgery cost?’’ Wes asked as the doctor sighed
‘’anywhere between $70,000 and $150,000’’ the doctor replied and the other three’s eyes widened with shock. I sighed to which they all looked at me with confusion.
‘’how long do you think they will have left if no one can afford surgery?’’ I asked which caused the others to look at me with shock.
‘’a month but possibly less than that if we do not go through with surgery. You have 48 hours to make a choice so please make it quick.'' the doctor replied to which I sigh.
‘’I’ll see what money I have in my bank and I’ll see what I’ve got at home, thank you.’’ I say before I take a quick look at Tyler with and small, soft but sad smile then I walk back to the dormitory not waiting for Nelson, Deb or Wes…