SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND

SIMPHIE SHANDU THE HUSBAND 
CHAPTER 18
SIMPHIWE

I have been tossing and turning all night. Unable to fall asleep - I decided to watch Nozi in her sleep. She looked beautiful but with her sudden change of behavior, I really don’t know what to think of her. She sometimes scares me. I sigh getting out of bed. I need to drink water and take this thirst down. Maybe then, just maybe – sleep will crowd my mind. 
I find the nanny downstairs with her very short pajama's revealing her perfect thick thighs. Talk about perfect brown skin. I clear my throat and push the thoughts out of my big head. She gets startled almost dropping her glass in the sink. 
“Sorry, I did not mean to scare you.” I say standing beside her. She is almost my height. Well, same as Nozi’s height. She has boobies' boobs that’s for sure. 
“I thought everyone was asleep.” She still has her eyes fixed on the sink and not even once has she attempted to even look at me. 
“Couldn't sleep, my throat was dry.” she responds softly stepping further away from me. That is when I realized that the distance was not professional for the worker and the boss. 
“Goodnight, sir.” She leaves me taking in a take breathe. I cannot let the devil win again when I am just rebuilding my home. Not when I have Bagqibile to deal with. Speaking of her - I need to call her. I need to set the record straight so she will know where she stands. Going back and forth is defiantly not healthy for my life and it's tiring honestly. It rings unanswered. I tried for the third time and luckily, she picked it up. 
“What?” she snaps – that has been usual these days and it does not bug me any longer. She can be moody if she wants. 
“Was just checking up om you.” I say with my heart hammering against my chest. 
“Okay.” 
“I know that you are mad at me. I am just going to be honest with you. I have a lot of issues to deal with Bagqibile. I have just recently found out that I have another baby girl outside my marriage. My baby has been having seizures and I needed to welcome both to the ancestors.” I take a deep breath.
“All I'm saying is, the baby you are carrying, I will need to do the ceremony for them before it's too late.” 
“Wow, how many kids do you intend to have out there?’ 
“I have learnt my lesson. I just want to focus on my family and be a present father to all my kids.” 
“It's okay, I can tell by the sound of your voice that you have a lot going on. It's okay, we will wait for you to be okay.”
“Look Bagqibile...”
“We will talk some other time.” she drops the line on me. 
I gulp the water down and take a deep breath. That was not the conversation I wanted to have with her. I simply wanted to advise her that I can no longer continue with what we started. I want to live a healthy life with the woman I married. 
Nozi is still fast asleep, and I don’t even see myself being married to another woman. I snuggle myself next to her...

___

I am woken by a splash of gaging sounds in the bathroom. The side of the bed is cold. I jump off the bed and run to the toilet and here she is kneeling with her whole face dipped in the toilet. 
“Are you okay?” It might be a stomach bug or something. This explains everything to it. 
“Must I send you to the doctors?” I ask and kneel beside her with my hand on her back.
“I will be fine.” She stands up and rinses her mouth. 
I just stand there not knowing what to do next or what to even say. She looks like she is in so much pain. She groans and lays her head on the bathroom counter.
“Come, let me take you to bed.” 
I pulled her by hand...
“I just want to be outside for the morning breeze.” Her voice is a bit different. More like husky. 
“Okay, I will take you.” 
While she sat outside with her newly found friend, I decided to clean our bedroom. V is allowed to enter every bedroom in this house but not the master bedroom. 
Her drawers are upside down. Nozi has really become something I do not recognize, like honestly, I don’t know. I take all her underwear's out and something drops heavily hitting the tiles. I frown looking at the white stick. 
“What is this?” I ask myself to pick it up. And to my surprise it’s a pregnancy test. Nozi with troubling herself with this. I believe I am the one putting her on the edge. I am the reason for all this. I sit on the bed and sigh thinking of the trauma I keep putting her through. The damage I keep on doing to this woman will someday backfire on me harshly. I feel my eyes being blinded by my own tears. I look at the stick again and...
“No!” I stood up at full speed and sprinted out of the house with my vest and shorts. 
“Babe,” I have mixed emotions about everything. I showed her the stick and I saw her briefly smile. 
“Is this?” 
“Yes Simphiwe. I am pregnant.”
This makes the whole fuckery perfect sense.
“Why didn’t you tell me?’ 
“Because you were occupied by other kids.” she says shrugging her shoulder. She is sipping what seems to be lemon twist. 
“I...” I fail to respond to her statement. That means I have really been a shitty husband. Again, I failed to notice the changes in her. 
“I am here for you baby.” I say breaking the awkwardness'. 
“Hmmm,” she sips again. 
“Is it not too early to be drinking this?” 
“It is.”
“Then why are you drinking it?” 
“I am thirsty.” She responds looking straight into my eyes. I tried reading her but her eyes to be very empty and I don’t know that is the meaning of that. Zuri makes her way to us with her doll tucked underneath her armpit. She raises her hands up, her doll drops and waits for Nozi to pick her up. She picks her up and makes her sit on her lap.
“About...” 
“Can we please sit in silence!” She snaps. 
Okay, I will just let her be and focus on the morning sun. I cannot believe that my wife is finally pregnant with our first child! God has truly remembered us. I smile admiring her, she doesn't know how much she has made happy. The happiest man alive on this earth. She catches me staring and she smiles back warmly. This is the smile I missed. I gulped down the saliva, the day when she was awfully wet. Did she really sleep with another man? But then again, I trust Nozi not to destroy me as her husband. 

SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBANDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें