SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND

CHAPTER 40
NOZIMANGA

I am being woken up by my father telling me that Simphiwe is here to fetch me. Honestly, I do not know what is the agenda behind Simphiwe’s sudden change. Annoyed as I am that I have been woken up from my beauty sleep. I yank the blankets off my body and take time to collect myself. 
“Where is he?” I ask, father. He is just smiling like a puppy. 
“Sitting room.” He answers and leaves shortly. What is amusing about this situation we are in?  Simphiwe can disrespect me but not my father. I fastened my gown and follow my father shortly. Here he is with his head bent down in shame. 
“Did you see the time?” I ask sitting opposite him. I am sure my father went back to bed after waking me up. He stands up and comes sit next to me. 
“I love you, Nozi.” he sniffs and holds me tight suffocating me. The harsh kicks make me groan a bit. He lets go of me and looks at me with a worried look on his face. 
“Are you, okay?’ he asks in panic.
“I am fine. Just this child kicking so badly.” I rub my stomach. The kicks tone down making me relax a bit. He places his hand on my stomach. I frown and turn to look at him. 
“What are...” scratches on my lower abdomen. I swear this child has a way of spoiling my mood, Why the hell will she scratch me this painfully? I remove Simphiwe’s hand.
“Can we go home. The house is cold without you.” he says. 
“You seem to forget that me and you are divorced. I don’t even know why you still wearing that ring.”
“It's the love I have for my wife.” His eyes are so red. 
“Have you been crying?” I know the difference between crying and being sleepy. 
“I am just tired.” he yawns and stands up. His long legs found their way towards my bedroom. 
“Where are you going?’ 
“To sleep. I am too tired to drive.” You got to be kidding me. He can’t just rock up in my father's house and does as he pleases. I stand up to follow him, but my pace is behind his. He gets in bed before I could even reach him. I know, once his mind has been made – it has been made up and you cannot do anything about it.
“At least take off your shoes and clothes.” he smiles a conniving smile. For a second I forget that I was angry earlier on. He still looks sexy even after the weight loss. I take my gown off including my nighty and I am left with nothing. This is how I have always slept, and I feel comfortable this way. 
“Double check the door before you sleep.” I told him. It's not like my father would barge into this room. I have grown a habit out of it. He checks the door and confirms that it's locked and hops in bed. I am sleeping facing the other way giving him my back. He snuggles himself next to me and holds me from behind. I do not want his hand near my stomach. I swear he carries witchcraft around. 
“When last did you speak to Jele?” he asks kissing my shoulder. 
“Yesterday morning. Why?” 
“Just asking. Let's sleep.” He takes a deep breath, if his energy is down, I get to feel it too. I know something is bugging him and I wish I could ask what is wrong. His phone chimes. I hear him cures. 
‘Bagqibile. Did you see the time?” he asks through his greeted teeth. I got hold of my phone and try Mlando’s phone again – still no luck. You know what he will call me once he has decided to be a man!
“I am with my wife. Can you please try to respect that. You just need to stop these late-night calls. You get to call if it’s something important pertaining to my child.” He drops the phone. He gave them the upper hand to be disrespected. 
“Sorry about that.” He says kissing my shoulder again. 
“Why are you here again?” I ask. 
“I just missed you. Couldn't sleep at home.” He responds in his sleepy voice. I don't want to cause any drama. My father is right next door, and I will have to try and keep my anger in. I take a deep breath and close my eyes. But all could see is Mlando in that dream I had earlier on. I wish I knew what it meant. Is he avoiding me or leaving me? If that is the case, then he should have said so.  I slowly removed Simphiwe’s hand off my belly, but his grip got tighter. He doesn’t understand. When his hand is on my belly this baby becomes beyond active. 
“If you put your hand on my belly this child kicks harshly.” I complain. 
“He feels my presence.” I role my eyes and suck my bottom lip. Is he the father now? Maybe my child dislikes him. If Jele gets to touch my belly, the kicks are always smooth and jolly not this aggressiveness. 
“I want you to take me to Mlando’s house.” I tell him - I was hoping for a response. But all I can hear is slight snores. He is asleep. I wonder what landed him here in my father's house, I so wish to know. I close my eyes again, but sleep is just far from me or is it because I slept earlier on? Maybe that is the case. I am tired of sleeping on this side. I turn to face him. Why can't I seem to say no to whatever he puts out. We are divorced and I should be spending my entire time with Mlando. But that one has decided to be MIA on me. I play with his eyebrows like I used to. He used to love it so much. I don’t even know why I am even doing it. I rub his big, shaved head. This man does really have a big one. It's sad that his kids have the exact head. I smile and shake my head. If I had a child with him – obviously my child would have had a big head also. I trail my finger on his bottom lip. Thick. I wish I could just suck them, but I can't. I respect my man. I throw my leg on his hip and try to get some sleep.
-
-
-