SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND

CHAPTER 36
SIMPHIWE 

It was a plan between me and Jele for Nozi to spend time with the kids at my place. He was not in good shape to be seen by her in that matter and the best option for him was to ship her to me. I don’t know what lies he told her, but she felt for it.  
“I don’t want to be in the bad books with Nozi. I am still trying to fight for my trust against that woman. Do you know how much I hate lying to her face?” I am standing beside the window staring at his neatly made garden. I turn to face him. This is not the Jele I know. The Jele I know is cock, doesn’t back down and thrives for what he wants. This Jele has given up. What he told me yesterday about his health shocked me. I was there when the explosion happened. I was there when people died, and some were in coma for months. Some were left with scars; I always thank the Lord that he saved me even though I am not a believer.  
“She will never find out. I can feel that I have limited time in this world. Yesterday, I didn’t tell you all of it. I have a request that I will need you to fulfil.” I look at him more like trying to read what sick game he is about to play. I will not be bullied by him. We have been in each other's throats for decades and he won the race. 
“If you want to break Nozi’s heart then trust me you will have me to deal with.” I spit venom. That woman has been through a lot because of me. I wouldn’t want her to shed any tears because of pain. 
“I love Nozi way too much to make her feel pain. It's something that involves you and your honesty.” He says and coughs. He looks at his hand and closes his eyes sharply then slowly turns his hand towards me.
“Haibo! Should I take you to the hospital?” I ask in panic. The blood dropping in the corner of his mouth. I don't want him dying on me and later say I was the one who killed him. I am out on parole, if that’s what you call it. 
“I am on my last stage mfethu, and I am afraid to tell Nozi. My lungs are failing to function and there is hurt each day that passes with me living. I am failing to hold on and the end is near. I can feel it. I want you to look after Nozi.” He blurts out causing me to choke on my own saliva. 
“How?” I mean...
“I want her to be yours and this time for good. Fight for her. I want you to win her heart and trust again. If you want me to die a happy man. Please do this one thing for me.” I have never seen Jele this broken.
“You are not dying. She is carrying your child man. Have you seen any specialist in this? I'm sure there is a cure.” We may be crazy enemies with Jele, but I have never wished him any death or sort. He looks at me like I have said something out of turn. 
“You are a doctor you do know very well that there is no cure for this.” 
“Jele...” I want dispute. He can't die and leave Nozi with such responsibility. I have broken her enough. Thios will break her even more. Imagine you getting to learn that the one you love is no more and you are left with a reminder. 
“I am not taking no for an answer Simphiwe. Now this is a chance to do right by her. This is a chance to make her happy and correct all your mistakes. Do you still love her?” How do I answer her boyfriend? This is not so on for me. 
“More than you think.” I eventually reply. 
“Good, now do not fail on a simple task of loving one woman and being a man to his family. I don’t want my child being raised by another man. I want you to raise my child.” He coughs.
“I don’t know what to say.” I am beyond shocked. Who plans their own death before dying. I feel my tears gushing down.  Why am I crying? I have no answers at all. I may be hurt, hurt by Jele’s actions. I believe he will survive this. He survived all these years. What will make God take his life now right after he has made my Nozi happy. 
“Promise me Simphiwe. She is going to need you now more than ever.” 
“I promise.” 

-
-
-

You know when they say one has hitten the hard rock and has no way forward. That is me. Jele pushed me into a corner, and I didn’t know which direction to take and still don't. I am so torn between doing the right thing and just walking away to start my life somewhere afresh, now that will be completely selfish of me. I would practically be denying Nozi of such. I failed and I think this is the right time to do right by her. I take a dep breath and start the car. 
"I know this is not going to be an easy decision to make. Just want you to know I support you and I’m glad you’re making this decision to stay with the one I love.’ his words just keep ringing in me. Jele is making my life hell while he is still alive, I’m sure he will be that ancestor that doesn’t want to let go. That type of ancestors that makes one's life miserable to a point of wanting to commit suicide. 
Guess I am charged in taking care of final arrangements for him even though I was never asked but told. I feel and believe that they’ve provided a wish list that conflicts with who we’ve known them to be. Consider that fulfilling one’s wishes is a symbolic way to pay your respects and that we often learn things about people after they’ve passed. Jele is not a bad man after all. He truly loves Nozi, and I am so jealous. Going home I find her sleeping on the couch. She looks so God damn beautiful. It doesn’t make sense why I was the jerk I was, honestly, I do not know. 
“Babe, wake up.” She slowly opens her eyes and yawns. 
“What time is it?” She yawns again stretching herself.
“Right after one pm.” I say and sit beside. 
“I should go home. I am sure Jele is worried sick about me.” I feel that and it hurts but I will be a big boy and swallow lumps. 
“Thank you for looking after the kids for me. I will let you know if we need anything.” I say standing up to follow her outside. I stand behind her. I just have the urge to hold her from behind, kiss her neck and bang her right here and then. I clear my throat. 
“Drive safe.” I say in my pained voice. She smiles and gets into the car and drives off. I sigh heading back to the house to think about my life. Her smell is hovering the entire house. I place my arse on the couch she was sitting on. My shoulders feel heavy. I need a hard massage. My phone rings and it's Jele. 
“She just left.” I say. 
“Thank you for taking this into consideration.” He drops the phone and leaves me confused. Jele is... a text comes through. It’s Bagqibile. I swear this girl can make my life look like a circus. I read the text and smile a bit. 
“Thank you for updating me.” It’s a picture of Sizile leaning against the wall with a huge smile on her face. At least there is something to celebrate about. 

SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBANDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara