SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND

CHAPTER 39
VIOLET

First day at work and already I have had it with these people. I know I should be grateful but everything about this Eatery irks me in a certain way. I have mopped the floor countless times and the bloody customers have no shame in stepping on the slippery floor. The sign is there - I don’t know whether they are playing dumb or what. They should have mercy on this pregnant woman. 
“Sisi, can you mop on this side. Clearly the entrance is the busiest now.” says the manager who hired me. I sigh pulling the bucket to the side. I guess I will have to put cardboard on the wet floor to avoid multiple footprints. I continue to mop around. It's too early for them to be dining and eating here. Who orders expensive breakfast instead of buying what you want from the shops and makes it at home. Some people do not have logic yazi. I shake my head. When the busy has died down will then continue to mop where I have been disturbed on. Right now, those bloody toilets need my attention. The Eatery Dine is not that bad, inf act it is the coolest place I have ever worked in. I already have some dos on my list. My back is killing me. I stand up straight and rub my back.
“You shouldn’t over work yourself.” says one of the girls. She smiles and grabs the mop out of my hands. “I am Khanyisile by the way.” She lets out her hand for a handshake, but I just stare at her eyes. They are so...
“I always get that reaction when people look at me. It does not bug me any longer.” she says making me sink in shame. I placed my butt on the toilet seat. 
“I am sorry. I did not mean to.” I say. It was very much rude of me to just stare at a person I don’t even know especially a person who has this kind of... - I don’t know what to make out of it. 
“It's okay – it does not get to me.” she says and begins to mop the floor. Now I am more hurt by my actions. I take a deep breath to think of a way to make her feel better. I know that I have hurt her feelings in the most crucial way.
“When did you start working here?” I try to make conversation. 
“It’s been a while.” she smiles back. She has such flawless skin. Tiny and so damn short. Or is it because I come from a family filled with tall people. 
“You are so short and tiny. Shouldn’t you be in school?” She is very young if you ask me. 
“Just graduated months back in Marketing and Business Management.” I coughed out a dry cough. Highly impossible! I am left with my mouth wide open. She really shoved herself down my throat and left me to swallow. I find the courage to stand up. At least I have rested a bit. I followed the direction she took. I don’t even know whether I am permitted to be around this area. 
“You cannot be this side Sisi.” She comes back holding a cloth. I look at the door CEO written on it. I assume the biggest boss occupies the office. I nod my head and turn to leave with a tail tucked in between my legs. I don’t know where to go from here. I don’t know anyone and it looks like everyone is a pair. I sit on the benches outside. Rather play music than look at people going up and down making me dizzy. I take out my phone and put my headsets on. Nothing heals like music in full blast. I close my eyes and listen... A shadow in front of me. I open my eyes and find a tall Figa standing in front of me. I frown - I remove my headsets. 
“I have been calling you for the past hour.” he says and sits next to me. Is he not exaggerating. I smile. He looks so cute and very much like Mkhuleko. I wonder how he is doing in jail. 
“My name is Mkhuseli but you can call me Khuli.” he introduces himself. 
“Violet.” 
“Just wanted to say welcome to our humble company. We have a canteen where we offer lunch for our team. Feel free to join everyone.” He stands up and smiles looking at Khanyisile making her way towards us. I look at them and I can vouch these two are fucking. I can't believe that I almost befriended this girl. Maybe she got her job this way. 
“Babe.” The enthusiasm in the man's voice sickens me. “Did you call the Deco people?” I roll my eyes. 
“Yeap. I didn't know that organizing a wedding is this hard.” My eyes pop out. Get out of here! This girl is getting married to a very fine man like this! I wonder what God did to us. Guess he loves these kinds of people more. I take time in looking at her eyes. I don’t know which direction she is looking in. Is she looking at me or is she looking on the side? Some things are just absurd honestly. 
“Mxm.” I watch them as they walk away hand in hand leaving me still seated. What did this man see in a cleaner vele?