SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND

CHAPTER 25
VIOLET

“I’m coming back mah.” she says shoving all of her clothes in her bag.
“What happened?” her mother asks concerned. She stops packing and collects herself by calming down.
“I made a terrible mistake, a mistake that I now regret.” she says wiping the tears off her face. The knock on the door startles her. She peeps through the window and takes a deep breath seeing her boyfriend. Guilt takes over realizing that she messed up a good relationship for a married man. She could have fought him and stood her ground like she always does with this man she calls a boyfriend - but she was curious as to how he tasted. That man was always shirtless and wearing shorts in his house and the wife never really said anything. She would find herself drooling over him without him noticing. She would have a wet dream moaning his name all night. She opens the door and smiles nervously to the man standing Infront of her eyes.
“Won't you invite me in?” He says carrying a bunch of roses in his hands. “These are for you.” He hands them to her and kisses her cheek.
“Come in.” she steps aside and lets him in. He limps towards to bed and sits down taking his shoes off.
“Mkhuleko - I always told you to leave your shoes by the door.” she tells him. She places the roses on top of the table.
“I'm sorry. I’m just tired. I called you earlier on to come pick me up from the hospital but you didn’t pick up.” he says getting on top of the bed. They have been in this relationship for three years. At first, she dated him just for the sake of dating until she grew up and learnt to love him. A man that never stays out of trouble. A man that has been in and out of jail with his crimes. A wanna be fake gangster.
“Was busy.” She keeps her eyes off him. She closes the door and moves towards the bed. He looks at her and chucks closing his eyes. She takes time to look at him. He is handsome, no lies but dangerous at the same time.
“What are you doing here?” she asks also sitting on top of the bed also. She doesn’t want to find herself looked up for spreading fake rumors on an innocent man. She said no but her no was supposed to have a meaning and get to send out a strong message to him. But her ‘no’ was weak – weak enough for a man to take her pride. Whenever she thinks of this her heart skips a bit. That night was never meant to happen.
“Am I not allowed to see my girlfriend? Are you going somewhere?” He looks at the clothes on top of the bed.
“Was going home for a few days.” she responds and continues to pack.
“I thought we were going to my parents' house this upcoming week.”
“I am needed at home.” she lies.
“Why?” he sits up straight – he is he not convinced of what she has told him. Her eyes blink away in tears but hide her face away from him. She stands up and storms out of the room leaving him confused. Her phone pings indicating a message has popped through. He picks it up and reads through with his heart racing in anger, his hands tremble and fails to finish the text. He locks her phone and places it back on top of the bed where it was and looks outside the window and clench his jaws. Minutes later Violet walks in looking a bit calmer – she must have been crying outside. He thought to himself.
“Did I do something wrong?” The looks on his face send mixed signals to her. He gives her a grimace eye contact. She shivers…
“No, why?” she asks, trying to make sense of his sudden look.
“What's this?” He throws her phone at her. She unlocks the screen and frowns reading the message that was sent by Simphiwe.
“I can explain.” her hands tremble in fear.
“Explain, I'm listening.” he says through his greeted teeth.
“Ow God.” her lips quiver. She bites her fingers not knowing what to say.
“You know what. Read that message for me. I want you to read it out loud and clear for me to understand.” He says and pulls out his gun behind his back. He stands up and walks towards her. She tried getting hold of the door but he was too fast for her. He pushes the door and locks it shoving the keys inside his pocket.
“I said read!” he hisses.
“Mkhuleko, please.”
“Only my grandmother has the right to call me that Sisi. My name is Magiva – MacG. Now read before I shoot your brain off.”
“Okay, okay. Please don’t shoot me.” she says. She looks at the first paragraph of the message and knows that she is in deep shit. Why did Simphiwe send her this!
“V…” she shakes her head no. She cannot read this. She cannot read to the devil. She knows how this man reacts if he gets to be pissed. She knows how mad he gets when his wrong buttons have been pushed. She didn’t mean any of this to happen. It was just a moment of weakness. The devil worked overnight.
“I can't read.” she pops her trembling body against the corner and shivers.
“No problem I will read for you.” He grabs her phone, shakes his head and looks at her.
“Dear V. I write this text to let you know how deeply sorry I am. I was drunk and one thing led to another. Thank you for dropping the charges even though my wife wants nothing to do with me. I am sorry for taking your pride even though you didn’t tell me. I did..” He stops reading and smashes her phone against the wall making her phone scatter into pieces. She screams closing her ears and her eyes. He roughly pulls her and throws her on top of the bed.
“You liked it when he drove you mad, huh?”
“Mkhuleko, please stop this.” he unbuckles his pants and drops them down leaving his dick free. Very thick and black with veins popping. She fears for her life.
“I should have done this a long time ago if I knew how much of a cunning you are.” He pulls her by her leg. She kicks the side of his face; he lets go of her leg and holds his aching jaw. Anger brew inside of him. He pulls both of her legs and locks them around his waist. Her dress being roughly lifted up and her panties being ripped out like a piece of paper.
“Babe please stop. You are scaring me.” She cries of pain - discomfort begins as a high-pitched, intense wail, followed by very loud crying. The most difficult kind of crying to witness. The look in his eyes… he drops her legs making her land painfully on the floor. She winches with her cries still on high pitch. “Tell me this man's address.” he hisses picking his pants up from the ground. He wears them roughly and bends over looking at her face.
“Your tears don’t move me. Now tell me where this man lives.” She sings the address like she was singing her own number when she first laid her eyes on him. He looks at her without saying a word then storms out of the house leaving her to burst into tears. She grabs her phone and everything is in pieces.