SIMPHIWE SHANDU THE HUSBAND

CHAPTER 42
BAGQIBILE

Later that afternoon I got a response from Njinji. Yes, him. My day was a bit spoiled because I was expecting him to respond right after I just sent him that text. I did not get enough sleep. I was tossing and turning throughout the day. It's hard to also sleep during the day with the busy streets and people running up and down. The sun I all up making me have weird nightmares I was embarrassed on behalf of myself that I ended up waking up and begin to do some spring cleaning. The room was clean, just that it was the anxiety and stress that held me by my tits. I was anxious the whole day. Couldn’t eat. I was full for some reason. Little did I know that the later response would give me even more knots. I was skeptical at first – but I am the one who agreed to it. I don’t know how many clothes I have changed. I just cannot seem to find anything suitable for this date, honestly. 
“Go for whatever look suits you.” Nqoibile says with a smile on her face. She looks more excited than I am. She doesn’t understand how scared I am for this date. What if I ruin things for myself before, they even begin? 
“I am so scared.” I sit on the bed with a towel wrapped around my body. Maybe this is not a good idea. “Maybe I should just cut this whole thing off.” I add. 
“Yabonake, do not be a bore. So, you still want to sulk over a man that does not give a zilch about you. He is at home having a nice time with his wife and you are here turning down every potential. Are you still hoping for him to bounce back to you?” 
“I don’t know.” I really don’t know. I am caught between two lines. 
“Then you must be stupid. Tell the guy you are no longer coming. You are mourning someone else's husband!” she says, storming out. My heart is not at ease, and I do not know why. Have you ever been asked out by a guy you're unsure about and thought to yourself, 'No way, no how?' I haven't been on a date in a while, this could be the perfect opportunity to get back out there and practice. I need to do this for me. I always agree with it but later get to pull back. I don’t know why – but something just keeps pulling me back. Since I am not invested, I really have nothing to lose - besides a precious hour of my time that could be spent trying to figure out why no one is asking me out. Sigh. If anything, a date with someone I am not that interested in will help me discern what I am looking for in a man. We all need a little pick-me-up sometimes. I find the courage to stand back on my feet again. I am flipping through my clothes again and still I am very much undecided. The date is just an hour away. I still have to request since I do not own a car. Maybe Simphiwe should consider buying one for Sizile since he lives with all his kids, and they never really get to use any taxis. So, he will need to treat his kids fairly. Here I am again thinking about him. What will it take for me to forget about that man. I really must snap out of it. Was his dick that good and powerful? Finally, I decided to know what to wear, something simple. A casual blouse and jeans finished with feminine accessories and a natural makeup look.
“Now you look like a million dollar.” Nqobile and her exaggerating compliments.
“Thank you.” I already requested an uber. It will be here in five minutes. This gives me the time to do some breathing exercise and think ahead of my day. “My ride is here.” I announce. 
“Go and enjoy yourself. Hope you get laid. Its time you taste another doctor's dick.” Nqobile screams out loud attracting eyes. I scoffed and hurried my legs to the car. I will deal with that stupid girl later on. The drive was pretty short. The more I think about today's situation the more I feel like throwing up. I didn’t eat the whole day and my stomach is already rumbling. 
“That happens a lot when you are nervous.” the driver says. I am beyond ashamed. This stomach of mine is putting me in the spotlight. My mother would have said I have a lot of worms – nothing a Mebendazole can't treat. 
“You can say that again.” 
“And we are here.” He parks his car on the side of the road. I pay and step out. I have been to a restaurant before. Simphiwe used to take me a lot a lot during my pregnancy days. I really miss those days. But now is not the time to think about it. I walk in and look around. He said he was wearing a dark pink shirt with black jeans. There he is looking all dapper. But not close to Simphiwe. He smiles and stands up. 
“I thought you changed your mind.” He says pulling a chair for me and helps me to sit down. 
“I came. Surprise.” He sits and gulps cold water. He is nervous. So am I. The waiter comes to our table...
“Good afternoon. Maybe I please take your orders.”  
“Can we browse through the menu. Will call you once we are ready to order.” the lady walks away. We browse through the menu over small talk. Now I know what to have. Njinji calls the waiter back...
“Ready to order?” 
“Yes, I will order bite-sized pasta with some cheese and wine, please. Any type of wine.” 
“I will have what she is heaving. It's my favorite after all.” He replies closing the menu. The lady wrote it down and went away. 
“Wow, I didn’t know that we have something in common.” He laughs a bit. He has that contagious laugh. Which is very much sexy. A man with short clean nail. I wouldn’t be surprised if he treated his nails. I look at his moving mouth. 
“Miss, I have been talking to you and you are just looking at me like some snack.” To say I am embarrassed would be an understatement.   
“I am sorry.” I say. I don’t know what happened, but his face just makes me want to stare at him without blinking. I feel my heart racing. Maybe I am beginning to go out of my mind. 
“So, tell me about Bagqibile. Who is she and where does she come from? I know what you do for a living.” He leans back on the chair and smiles. Gosh that side smile is killing me. 
“I am just a boring Bagqibile who was stuck in a relationship with a married man.” I shrug my shoulders. His stare is just blank.
“Anything else besides that?” 
“Nothing else. Just that I was stuck in a loveless triangle.” 
“I see.” He keeps quiet and suddenly looks impatient. 
“So, what about you?” I ask. Trying to keep the conversation going.
“Nothing to tell. Just that I am doctor and love his family.” Our food came and I must say this looks appetizing. 
“My ex used to order this a lot.” I play with the food. He pushes the plate back. 
“Excuse me. I need to use the restroom.” He roughly pushes the chair back and disappears somewhere in the restaurant. I wish Simphiwe was here. Maybe we would have...
“Look, I need to go. Something came up.” He takes the money out of his wallet and throws it on top of the table. Just like that he is gone. Now, that went well. I continue to eat my food minding my own business.