Kickboxing

Leah's pov

I have just got of the phone with Avery's coach and he said that I can tell her after there next game, which is tomorrow. Apart from the quick message earlier, I haven't heard much from her. I have tried calling her but she isn't picking up, I know I haven't know her for a long time but I am still worried about her. I know we're she lives, not being creepy or anything. I am going to go and see if she is okay.

So I get in my car and click recent destinations were it says her addresses. The traffic isn't to bad today, but it is very cold and it is raining slightly. I reach her apartment block and park my car down the road, i rush inside as I don't want to get to wet. I then walk up all the flight of stairs until I get to her floor, then I walk up to her door which reads 912. I hesitate slightly wondering if this is a good idea or not. I finally knocked on her door. No response. So I knocked again and still no response. Were would she be it's 5:50. Odd. I then turn around and start walking away from the door of her apartment when a voice says "umm miss"
I turn around and I am meet with the face of a kind looking old lady. I then say "yes are you okay". She then says

Leah
Doris

Yes I am fine are you looking for Avery
Yes I am, do you know where she is
Possibly, I saw her about and hour ago she left her apartment and seemed to be in a rush.
Do you know if her parents are home
No Um no one apart from Avery has entered and exited that apartment.
Oh that is odd
Yes it is, would you like me to tell you were she most likely is.
Yes please
She normally goes to this gym where they have kickboxing, and she use the gym a lot. Well that is what she told me. It is down on lily road about 10 minutes away.
Thank you so much can I ask your name
Yes my name is Doris, can I ask your name
My name is Leah Williamson
Oh like the footballer she is always talking about
Haha yeah the one and only, thank you Doris you will most likely see me around more often.
Okay well goodbye Leah it is good to meet you
Yes it was good to meet you to Doris goodbye

So she at the gym down on Lily road. I make my way back outside and down the road slightly to the car. I get in and put the name of the road in the Satnav. I then start driving. I wonder why no one has entered or exited that apartment apart from Avery that seems rather odd. I make it to the destination and get out the car, I make my way over to the only gym on the road it seems big very big. As I enter i see that there are a lot of older men in here and they look scary. I am walking around when I man comes up to me.

Leah
Mike

can I help you
Umm hi am looking for someone call Avery I been told she comes here a lot
You mean the kid
Yeah the kid
Yeah she is in the ring, if you go straight then turn left you will see signs that will direct you
Thank you

Okay so she in the ring. I follow the signs and as i walk in I see her punching a bag, doing lots of different combos with Kicks, I start walking over to her when a man comes up to her and he says something and then she walks with him to the ring. She then steps in and a few moments later a man comes out and also enters the ring they both put gum shields in and get the gloves of then they start fighting. Oh god.

Avery's pov
I have probably been punching this bag for an hour getting ready or fight Ted. I have just finished a combo when Jessie comes up to me and says "he is ready" and then I say "let's do this". Jessie then leads me to the ring and I step in and few moments later in walks Ted he is kind of scary if you don't know him but me and him have been training for a while, i get my gloves on and get my gum shield in, he does the same. Let the fight begin. He goes first with a  kick to the ribs I see this coming and block it, i then duck under a left hook and then go for a left knee to the body.

It has been about 19 minutes he has managed to get a few good shots in. I have definitely got a cut on my face as I can feel the blood on my face, and my ribs are killing. I then punch him right in the face and he falls down then they call done. I win. I leave the ring and Jessie comes up to me and says "good job, he got a few good shot in though you nose is bleeding, you got a cut by your eye which is also bleeding, and I haven't even see you ribs yet" i then say "jay I can look after my self you should know by now I have had worse". He then laughs and says "I will be watching you tomorrow in the pitch, at the pub". I then laugh then stop as it fucking hurts so much. I say bye and grab my bag and make my way out. As I am leaving this area I see a way to familiar face standing in the corner and they looks so shocked. Shit.

Enjoy 😉