"Is everything okay"

Warning this chapter is may upset you

Leah's pov
I swear if Avery send that to Alex then I am  definitely going to have to find away to get her back.

I have now finished cooking scramble eggs with toast and we both take a seat at the table, we are both sat in silence, well we are before Avery just bust out laughing, which then sets me off. She then looks at me and bites down on her lower lip like she is try to hold in a laugh. I ask her

Leah
Avery

What's so funny ayy
You know, if you ever give up football for singing I will stand by you
You were waiting to say that
Yeah I was
Your annoying
You love me really
Do i?
Yep, or you would have kicked me out by now, honestly you have good voice, just stick to playing football
Yes ma'am
Good

We have both finished eating I go to take our plates but the kid beats me to it and and then asked were to dishwasher is, I tell he she doesn't have to but she insisted and said I need to get ready anyways. I thank her and she says "not a problem, now go have a shower you smell, bad" . This kid better watch her back.

I make my way towards my room and rummage through my wardrobe to find my training kit, once I find it and put it on my bed I head towards the bathroom and lock the door and take my clothes off.

Avery's pov

Leah has just gone to have a shower as I told her I was fine with cleaning up. It's only fair. When I was cleaning up I got a FaceTime call from Alex so I picked up and looks around to find somewhere to stand my phone against whilst I put the clean dishes away and the dirty ones in the dishwasher, so I can talk to her.

Once I have finished doing them I wipe down the surface and then head to the living room and in the corner there is a bean bag next to this built in bookshelf with books in it obviously but there are a few plant and more photos, some of her friends like there are ones of Leah and Beth as well as the whole Arsenal team. They seem like a real family. It rather sweet.

I sit down in the bean bag and focus on what Alex is saying, well that was until my mind started drifting to if and how I was supposed to tell Alex that they are gone. I know I should do it in person but in a way that harder, maybe now, she going to be devastated.

I zoned back into what she was talking about and interrupt her mini rant about why people should put Olives on pizza. I start by saying

Alex
Avery

"I need to tell you something Alex"

She immediately stops as I never call her by her full name unless it's serious or we are in a head conversation.

Okay...is everything okay
I-I umm I don't know how to say this are you somewhere safe, like with people who care about you
Yeah I am with like Jill Scott and a few other people
Okay good...there is no easier way to say this but I want to apologise for not telling you sooner.

I take a deep breath trying to hold back my tears but ultimately failing, as soon and I start to think about the night and the pain I felt, I wish I, I wish I never went to the fucking football practice. If it brings them back.  Back to me, back home.

I look up to my phone on my hand and see Alex Looking really worried. I have to tell her.

Avery what ever it is I am here, please talk to me, you know like we use to on our weekly chats
I wish it was that simple
I can be, there is no judgment you know that
I know...okay so a few months ago I came back from football practice to an empty house, I tried calling them, all of them but no one pick up, well as soon as I pressed call it said that this phone is not in uses it said that for all of them.
That's.....strange
Yeah it is, Was. It was. Turns out that they left me, they just packed ever up and left. Not even a fucking goodbye or anything. Then a week later i got a call from a unknown number.
Did you pick up
Yeah I did, turns out it was the police and they said they need to tell me something in person but I just told them to tell me on the phone but before they did they said social services will be in contact with me, which made me very nervous. They..umm t-they t-told me that they had died. Car crash
W-wait what, y-you have been living on your own the whole time
Yeah but it's been....interesting
I coming to you
No Al, you can't drive your have an accident
I can get Jill to drive

Before I could cut her off, she had managed to convince Jill to take her as well some other people were coming with them.

Avery I'll probably see you at the training ground
Okay Al be safe love you
Love you too kid bye
Bye

With that we both hang up. That was depressing. Was really expecting to start the day. I get up from the bean bag and put my phone in my pocket and walk over to the sink rest my hands on the side of the sink, and look out the window that overlooks the ongoing traffic and people rushing around, with umbrellas as the rain starts to fall down more rapidly, I hope my first training season isn't cancelled. I turn the cold water on and cup my hands underneath and then splash my face trying to hide the face I have been crying, don't think I am ready to tell her yet. I grab some kitchen paper and dry my face, just before Leah walks in.

She grabs 2 water bottles and fills them up, throwing one at me and taking one of for herself and putting it in her training bag. She then looks at me and says "ready to meet the girlies and have your first official Arsenal training session" a small smile spreads across my face and I nod my head. She looks at me and then asked if I am okay I say "just say yeah just umm tried".  She grabs her bag and slings it on one of her shoulders and grabs the car keys that also have what I assume to be the apartment keys as well then says "let's go then champ" I roll my eyes and that nickname that has now stuck.

Enjoy 3 chapters in one week lucky 😉