"Been awhile"

Avery's pov
I was still sat with Leah when I heard a very familiar voice coming from behind me, I turned my self towards the sound of the voice. To say I was shocked was an understatement. Alex!!!, when I saw it was her I got up from my seat and ran up to her and jumped on her. She barely had time to react, but caught me before I fell to the floor. I then say
Avery
Alex

Omg Alex, I haven't seen you on soo long. How have you been.
Hey kid, I am good thanks how about you. How's your family, you played so well today. Scared me though with that little accident.
Yeah I think I scared a lot of people, my family's good thanks away on a holiday but doing well. Why didn't you tell me you were coming.
Well I wanted to surprise you.
Well you definitely did surprise me.

We both laughed at this and Alex pulled be back into a hug, then we heard someone clear their throat from behind me. We both turned around and saw Leah stood with Ivy. Oh shit. Well this is going to be uncomfortable. Me and Alex look at each other and then she goes on to say
Alex
Avery
Oh right I also brought someone else, who I am also guessing didn't tell you that they were coming.
They most certainly didn't.

I put my hands in my pocket expecting her to have a go at me, but instead she walks up to me and pulls me into her. I missed her so much. I tightened my grip on her and inhale her sweet smell, she also tightened her grip on me. After about five minutes of hugging we go to pull away, but when we do she whisperers in my ear so only I can hear and says "please forgive me, i didn't mean what I said. I was angry but I shouldn't have said that. We need to talk soon. Not right now but if you want we can do it over the phone. I m so sorry." I look into her eyes and say "I forgive you."

We both turn to Leah and Alex, and see them in a deep conversation. When they notice that we are staring, they stop there conversation and then Alex says

A-Alex
L-Leah
I-Ivy
Av-Avery

A- so Ivy leaving in 20 on a bus, to then get a train. So do you want to just stay here and chat, Or do you want to do something.
L-I don't mind, I need to talk to you Al but apart from that I don't mind.
I- i agree with Leah, I need to talk with Avery about something
A- okay so I guess we are staying here, Le so you want to talk.
L- umm somewhere quiet.
A- okay well we will go and leave you two to talk so you in 15.
AV- okay see ya
With that they both leave me and Ivy, we take a seat and I start talking.
(I am not going to say what, it is just them catching up).

Leah's pov
Okay I am so confused. How does Alex know Avery. That's definitely going to be the first question I ask, we walk into a room which has a big table in it with lots of chairs around it, as soon as Alex shuts the door I say
Leah
Alex

How do you know Avery?
Well long story short, I met her at her secondary school when I went and taught football to a group of girls and she stood out to me. Skip a few year and I now basically see her as part of my family. So yeah I have know her for about 3 year.
Okay is that why you sounded surprised when I said she was the one Arsenal were hoping to recruit.
Yeah it was Le, look I am sorry I should've told you I know who she is.
Damn right about that, Definitely going to fit in though.
Yeah how much you wanna bet that they will all get really protective of her after a week.
Oh I could bet millions

We both laugh and then I hug her and she hugs me back. When we pull away Alex looks at the time and suggested we get Ivy to the bus stop. I agree with her. I think something has happened to them, they can't deny that they don't know each other.
We make are way back to them and see them sat down and not talking. I hope everything is okay, we approach them and Alex tell them we need to leave. They both say yeah and get up, I go to Avery's side and wrap one of her arms around my neck and one of my arms around her waist. She says
Avery
Leah
Le can I please just go on your back
Yeah I guess but you still need to get your bag from the changing room.
I know I just can't be asked to walk.
Okay get on.

I let go of her and crouch in front of her she get on and as soon as I start walking she wraps her arms and legs around me tighter, she then says "you better not drop me Le" i then say "I feel hurt I would never drop you kid". We both laugh and make our way to the changing room we walk in to see that it is empty she tell me where she was sat I grab her bag and we leave and meet up with Alex and Ivy at Alex's car. We all get in, Alex driving obviously, me in the passenger seat and Ivy sat behind me with Avery sat behind Alex. She looks like she is about to fall asleep. I swear she can fall asleep anywhere.
I don't think we have been driving for long but the car comes to a stop. Avery and Ivy both get out the car, I go to get out but Alex puts a hand on my leg, I am guessing that mean stay in here. I am looking out the window and as the bus pulls up they give each other a hug and then Ivy steps on the bus and Avery gets back in the car.
She looks sad, why would she be sad. I ask her later.

Avery's pov
I had just said my goodbyes to Ivy unsure when I will next see her. I get beck in the car and I can tell Leah wants to ask me something but she doesn't. Alex tells us to get comfortable as she is going to drive us back to Leah's apartment. Leah says " as it closer to the arsenal training ground and they want you to meet then team as soon as possible as well it will also be easier". I can't believe I am going to play for the team I look up to so much as well as the players.
I rest my head against the door and close my eye, quickly falling asleep. Into a peaceful dream.

I am so so sorry, I haven't released a chapter in ages. Sorry. I hope you enjoy 😉