Chapter 1

*New World*

I woke up in a daze. I was in battle with my love Ivar against my used to be best friend Bjorn. I remember a sharp pain in my chest and the love of my life and Bjorn screaming my name. I then woke up to an unfamiliar place.

I was discovered in a field that I learned was called Kings Landing. Odd. By apparently the princess and youngest prince of this land. The prince looked at me in fear and disgust, but oddly the princess looked at me in awe and curiosity. I got up slowly only to fall to me knees and the princess rushing to help me. She's a very bold one.

We were soon accompanied by guards and a few others they all pointed their swords at me on instinct I was in front of the girl to protect her she calmly told me they are worried for safety and mean no harm. She explains to the others how they found me and they looked at me confused. 'Join the club.' I thought.

I stabbed my sword into the ground and placed my shield down and slowly unlatched my axe setting it down as well. My hands went in the air to show I mean no harm, I may be a viking and a very well trained shield maiden but with the kids in the middle of me and the guards I saw no choice but surrender I will not cause harm to any child.

A knight chained my hands even though the princess was pleading for them not to. I told her it was alright. A guard grabbed my weapons. The knight and the young prince and princess with the other guards escorted me to the castle and straight to the throne room.

I'm in what looks to be a throne room with a throne made of swords. I'm being guarded by the knight that chained me he doesn't not look too pleased. But upon further inspection he's in a red and gold armor and is that a lion on his sword? Weird. He's quite handsome I supposed. 'What in Odin's name Y/N, STOP THAT NOW!!!'

My thoughts are interrupted by the sounds of the doors to the throne room opening. I tried to turn around and look by the knight jerked me by chains to keep looking forward. When I'm greeted with the sight of a man and woman both crowned. I guessed they are King and Queen. First thing I noticed was the man was on the heavy side with dark hair while the queen looked very gorgeous with long straight golden hair.

"Who are you and where do come from?" The king asks quite annoyed. I thought of his questions. I knew who I was but how do I explain my origin. Apparently I took too long to answer because I was struck falling to my knees. I spit blood out and looked up to see the knight with a smug look, the king annoyed and the queen undeterred by any of it. I stood up and held my head up.

I spoke loud and unnerved with much authority by the events. " I am Y/N Hardrade, shield madian and Queen of all of Norway, betrothed to Ivar Lothbrok King of Kaategate. I'm obviously not of this world." The queen and knight share a knowing look while the king looked like he had just been spat upon by slave.

Just as he was about to respond the princess from earlier ran through begging her father to spare me and let me go. "Myrcella what is the meaning of this you shouldn't..." "Please father let her go. She was ready to fight the guards until I told her they meant no harm and she dropped her weapons and surrender."

She looks me the eye for the first time a smiles saying,"She is a strong warrior she could've easily taken them father but she didn't." She looks back to her mother and father,"Please if you must do something with her then assign her to me. She can keep me safe and give me company. I have never asked for anything from either of you, so please."

I'm both shocked and moved that this young princess is trying to spare my life and she has only met me.

We both look to her father and await his answer he looks between us and then looks at his daughter with so much love. "If she gets hurt," he looks at me,"by anything I will have your head with no hesitation."