Chapter 2

*The Princesses Lady*

So now I'm the princesses guard, friend or whatever she needs me to be. The queen was not happy about this ruling and neither was the knight. Why I don't know. "Myrcella take her to your chambers we will have fresh linen and clothes brought in for her to get cleaned up." The Queen said for the first time.

The princess jumps up into her father's arms thanking him and then her mother's arms. She is very much loved that I can tell. She runs over to me and stops. I was scared that her seeing the full horror that is displayed on my person was what made her stop and look so disgusted. I noticed a smirk on the knights face when the princess stopped, "Why is my Lady in chains," she looks at the knight angry and he looks shocked and ashamed,"well uncle, unchain her now she is no longer a prisoner."

I smile knowing now she isn't afraid of my looks and then turn to the knight that I just learned is her uncle to take my chains off. He reluctantly undoes my chains,"I'm sorry princess I am just looking out for your safety is all." She looks up at her uncle with a shy smile, "I know uncle, but I promise she won't hurt me,"she looks at me,"right?"

I kneel infront of her with my hand over my heart,"I, Y/N Hardrade, promise to be and do whatever you request of me Princess Myrcella, until the gods see fit." Smiling she jumps into my arms, I barely had any time to react to catch her. The King, Queen and her uncle held their breath afraid and on guard to see what would happen.

I hug her softly and then slightly pull away and we all gasp because she is now covered in blood from the forgotten wounds I had.

She looks at herself and then at me. "You are wounded, I'm so sorry," she starts to breath faster,"I didn't me to hurt you I swear," before she can say anything else or cry I grab her hand softly. "My princess look at me," she looks me in the eyes, all I see is a scared little girl like she has done harm, I gently smile,"I was wounded before I arrived here you did not cause this. In fact we probably wouldn't have even remembered them if you hadn't given me such a precious gift. You just probably saved my life, again."

I stood up looking at the king, "If it's okay with you my king I'd like to get the princess cleaned up and some supplies to tend to my wounds." He looks at the princess and then me,"Of course,MAIDS!!!" I hear feet rushing towards us and see two maids bow"Yes your Grace." They say in unison.

"Show my daughter and her new lady to her chambers so they can clean up," he looks at me," we'll have some clothes and someone come to tend to your wounds."

"Thank you, your Grace," I say with a slight bow, "but I would just need the supplies I can attend to my own wounds. I assure you I've been tending to myself for awhile I wouldn't want to be a bother to anyone needlessly."

"As you wish." He looks at everyone in the room,"DISMISSED!"The maids rushed us into the princesses chambers to get us cleaned up. I let the princess clean up first and then I was left alone to clean myself. I slowly started to peel off my clothes that were stuck to me by dry blood.

I heard a knock at the door, not thinking twice"Come in." I say trying not to cry out in pain. The door opens and I look up to see the knight before but now he was stripped of his armor and helmet. He only doned his sword. His hands are full of things.

"Here's some clean clothes, they are men's the queen has asked that you be fitted by the seamstress tomorrow," he says laying the clothes on the bed,"and here's some bandages for your wounds." He looks up and notices that I'm only in my mud caked pants and loose top that is stuck to my body by dry blood.

His eyes roam my body and stops at my chest,'Great, typical man.' Before I can tell him to get out he moves closer to me and says,"That looks fresh, were you harmed on your way here." I look down and notice fresh blood on my shirt. I pulled it back and noticed blood coming out of the wound right where I was stabbed through the heart.

I don't notice the knight watching my every move, I go to touch it and as I do I realize it doesn't hurt. "Why doesn't it hurt?" I mumbled,  "What do you mean it doesn't hurt?" My head shot up forgetting I had company. "I mean it doesn't hurt." We look back at the wound and stick my finger in it. I hear the knight gasp, but before he can move to stop me. "Strange it's not even deep enough to kill."

He pulls my hand away from it gently not to hurt but firm enough to say not to fight him. I looked up at him,"You can leave now, I can attend to this my self. Plus I should bathe before I attend to my wounds."

He lets go of my hand shaking his head, "Sorry my Lady, there's a maid outside if you need any help." He turned to walk towards the door,"Thank you." I say and he stops and turns slightly to me only nodding and heading out of the room.