Chapter 16

*4 days later*

We had stopped for the night. I have learned about different houses and Winterfell. I had asked if I could bring a few books with us to read on our journey. The king had no problem with it at all.

The children are asleep in their tents along with the king and queen. It's just me and a couple of guards on first watch. I'm sitting by the fire I had found a book of old Kings Landing. I found some interesting things out, things I don't even know if the king knows.

In a book talking of house stark it spoke of a woman named Lyanna Stark how she was murder for refusing to marry a Targaryen. As I read through multiple books I found books on the Targaryen family Dragon riders. I learned many things, and as I searched for more I found a couple of books that ended up being personal journals of a few different people but one the caught my eye. I read the name Rhaegar Targaryen and it was tied to another journal belonging to Lyanna Stark.

She was not murdered by him at all, they loved each other but Robert was in love with her so spun the tale that Rhaegar murdered her. They had married in secret and she was pregnant. It doesn't say what came of the child or anything. I wonder if her brother knows. From what I've learned they were close she told him everything and even though Robert was his best friend he supported his sister.

I learned there is two known Targaryens left, but fled to other lands for safety. I slightly hope they are okay and have survived they were only children. I also learned that Jamie is also known as Kingslayer because he had killed the mad Targaryen King even though he was supposed to protect him. Not going to lie I was little wary since I've learned of this fact.

I heard rustling of leaves and look up to see Tyrion Lannister, he had came back to Kings Landing the day before our departure. "What is a Lady doing up this late at night?" His slurred speech tells me he's drunk. I shake it off. "Just getting some fresh hair by the fire while reading, My Lord. I want to make sure that I don't make any mistakes or embarrass myself and the Kings family." He just laughs. As the guards go to switch out. "I know you know more than you say. And I know those books are truly something different." He speaks clearer and is looking right at me.

"What?" Is all I can say. "I will not tell anyone my Lady, just be careful with the knowledge you gain. It could very well be your down fall if you aren't careful." I just nodded my head. One thing I caught on to quickly is that Tyrion values family above all else, but he is also loyal to only very few. He means what he says, and says what he means. "We should both rest my lord, we leave at first light." With that we bid each other goodnight and go to our tents.

*Tyrion PoV*

We have been traveling for almost two weeks now. I've been learning a lot about our guest. She keeps on reading these books but mainly at night when everyone is resting. My niece and nephews adore her. I'm surprised by Joffery's attitude of late he has changed a lot. He has only insulted me once, but when Yn looked at him he almost looked ashamed of himself.

I see my brother and sister talking so I walk over. "Is that lady a witch of some sort?" They look at me confused. "Joffery just insulted me, but looked ashamed when Yn looked at him disappointed. So I ask again is she a witch or is she harming them?"

"I would never do such thing tiny man." I froze and turned around to meet the glare of the woman I just bad mouthed. "You can say what you like of me Tyrion Lannister, but do not think for second I would ever harm a child." As she glared at me I saw her eyes shine and glisten with tears. I almost feel bad.

"My Lady." My brother tried to place a hand on her to comfort her but she flinched from him, this did not go unnoticed by anyone at our camp. 'Has he hurt her?' then my sister stepped in between and placed a hand on her arm. She didn't flinch at all she looked at my sister fighting back tears.

"Lady Yn, my brother meant no harm I promise." She spoke softly she's only soft towards her children she hates everyone besides Jamie. "He was only taken aback by Joffery's new behavior since you have been here. Even though he has thought unlawfully,"she sent heated glare my way, then looked at her softly again,"We know you'd never harm them. They love you and we know you love them. How about we go check on your foot and then have some tea with the children before we settle for bed." She smiled softly when Yn nodded her head yes.

"Well way to go brother, you have officially made an enemy of this family's moon." I shot a look to Jamie. "Coming from the one she flinched from." My brother looks at me questioningly. "She flinched hard from your touch brother, what did you do? Because the Jamie Lannister I know would never lay hands on a woman."

Jamie looked back at Yn sitting with our sister the children, he almost looked sad. "Honestly brother I do not know." He looks at me pleading for some help. "Ever since she started to learn about our history she has distanced herself from me. She avoids me at all cost. I don't know why I feel this way but it hurts that she has been acting this way. Help me find out what I did so I can fix it please?"

"Fine. I'll help." I'm only helping because Jamie has always stood up for me and has treated me like a brother and not the monster that killed our mother. "Thank you dear brother, I owe you." I shook my head and walked away. I need to figure out how to figure this out when I have just pissed her off myself.