Chapter 12

*Catherine's PoV*

I was was with the princess and youngest prince in the library when Joffery came in looking fully mixed of emotions. "Is everything okay Prince Joffery?" He looks up at me with an expression I've never seen him have before. I rushed over to him. "Is everything okay my prince, has something happened to you? Do I need to fetch your mother or father?"

He just shook his head. "I don't understand what I'm feeling. You're an emotional woman maybe you can explain this feeling to me." I nodded my slightly trying not to show my irritation towards the oldest prince. "I'll try my best, if you want to explain what has happened."

He took a breath. "I was at the training grounds and I chose my knight because he is ruthless and uncaring." He starts to explain what has happened today and I'm at utter shock that anyone would put any part of the royal family in harm's way. "But Lady Y/n even though I was so hateful and rude to her she protected me and made sure I was unharmed. Normally I wouldn't care about calling her a freak I've never cared about my words towards anyone." He stopped.

I placed a comforting hand on his shoulder hesitantly. "Continue." He looks at me with a very confused yet hurt expression. "Why do I feel like I should apologize for my words?" I smiled softly. "You are feeling what is regret and empathy. You feel bad because even though you said horrid things to her she still protected you and looked at you as you are. Not a prince but a child who should not have to carry so much weight on his shoulders at a young age."

I noticed the princess and youngest prince were looking at us now. "Come all of you we will go wait for her return to go on our picnic in the gardens." I look at Joffery. "And you can apologize then for your actions this morning." They all nodded and we headed out. We heard raised voices coming from the healers. But kept walking. We bumped into the queen.

The kids hugged their mother and she explained she just saw Sir Jamie and Lady Y/n heading to the healers and heard what happened. Joffery eased his mother's worried and explained he has decided to join us for our garden picnic. "Well I hope you all enjoy the beautiful weather today. Try to behave all of you. I still have a lot of things to attend to. But I will see you before supper." I can tell she was taken aback by her oldest words and now actions but didn't question it.

With that I escorted them away and towards the kitchens to get things for their lunch.

*Y/n PoV*

I made my way back to the castle and stopped a guard. "Sorry to disturb you, but can you tell me where the princess is by any chance?" He looked at me for a moment then answered, "Yes the princess and both princes are in the gardens." I smiled softly and nodded, "Thank you." But Before I could ask where that was he walked off.

I walked for awhile until I saw a maid. "Excuse miss?" I ask softly. She turns to me'"Yes my Lady?" I smiled, "Can you point me in the direction of the gardens, please?" She nodded, "I was just heading that way with this basket I'll show you. Follow me."

"Thank you." She turned and started walking off and I followed we walked in silence until I could hear kids talking. I could hear them talking about me and Myrcella sounded scared and sad. I walked passed the maid and straight to the children. "I promise you I'm fine." They turned to me and Myrcella and Tommen jumped up and ran to me hugging me tightly.

"Whatever is the matter? Has something happened to you?" The Catherine walked up to me. "We heard you fighting with Jamie. And then a scream not long after that." I looked at her confused and that's when Joffery walked up with his head down.

He slowly looked up at me and it took everything I had not to hug him and try comfort him. 'why was he sad?' and as if he read my mind. Joffery ran to me hugging me tightly, "I'm so sorry Lady Y/n for all my words and actions towards you. You're not a freak and I'm sorry for ever saying it. Please forgive me." He looked up at me upset yet hopeful that I'd forgive him. I melted and hugged him close to me. "I forgive you my dear prince." I placed a soft kiss on his head.

I looked around and noticed a blanket with a picnic basket set up. I stepped back but kept a hand of Joffery's arm. "Now let's have our picnic shall we?" Myrcella squealed with joy taking my hand and pulling me to the blanket. "You still need to finish the story." She reminded me excitedly. "My brothers would love to hear it too." I smiled and asked what she remembered.

She told us what she remembered and I smiled that she left nothing out. "Okay then everyone get comfortable." I sat with my back against a tree. Joffery was sitting by Catherine, Tommen laying with his head in her lap and Myrcella laying her head in mine. Unknown to everyone in the garden was that they had on lookers that were listening just as intently as the children were.