Chapter 36

Only five days till the wedding. The boys and Arya have their attire for the wedding. No one is allowed to see them and the boys haven't said a word either. I'm on my way with Cersei and James to pick up Jamie's rings and of course my gift for him. James and Cersei are here to help me pick out a small gift for the children. I picked out a bracelet for the boys and a necklace for the girls.

We also stopped to pick up my dresses. One designed for a noble woman here and one designed for a viking queen. Both elegant, but only one made me think of home. I tried them on before leaving with them they both fit beautifully. Cersei was almost in tears when she saw me in them. James just smiled like a proud brother.

On our way back we passed a bakery that smelled lovely. I didn't stop to see if they wanted anything I just took off to the bakery. I walked in smelling all the sweets and bread. "Well hello my Lady, how can I help you today?" The lady behind the bar smiling at me. I walked over to her. "Yes ma'am I was wondering, how much for some bread and those delicious sweets you have." I smiled big. I then noticed she looked behind me and bowed, I turned around to a concerned Cersei and very confused and concerned guards. I smiled and ran to her grabbing her hand dragging her in.

"Oh Cersei do you smell how delicious this place is. Can we please get some to take with us." I almost begged like a child forgetting everyone else. She looked to the lady then back at me. "Of course it's your weddings after all." Then an idea popped in my head. "Oh by the gods we forgot to find a baker to do the wedding cakes." I then turned to the lady. "Do you have samples of your cakes that we can try? Do you think you could do a cake for about a thousand people in five days?"

She studied the hopefulness in my eyes. "We'll pay for your troubles of course. Plus you and your family can come as well." I don't know what's gotten into me but I am very emotional over the little things of late. "Of course my Lady." She grabs a tray and fills it with many different types of cakes. She sets at table for us. We tried several and decided on two cakes for the weddings. "Can we have the rest packed up to go and three loafs of your freshest bread please." She nodded and packed everything together, expect the two I wanted Jamie to try were packed separately and wrapped the breads for us.

I paid for them and when she tried to protest I gave her way to much I told her it was a down payment for the cakes we wanted and left. I snacked on a cup of berries as we walked into the castle. James showed the guards to my room to drop off my stuff as me and Cersei dropped off at the foods I got at the kitchen. The cook smiled and thanked us for the breads and fruits. "Here is a treat for you and the maids. They are sweets for y'all to enjoy as a thank you." She hugged me quickly. "Thank you my Lady we truly appreciate it." I smiled then walked off.

Cersei left to go see to her duties. I made my way to the gardens and sat at the base of a tree. The box of the two cakes we chose in my lap and I leaned my head back resting. I felt funny all of a sudden I stood up slowly and started to walk off. I held my stomach walking to the healers.

As I enter the healers I'm greeted with smile and then he looks concerned. "I think I may of ate too much sweets." I say with an embarrassed chuckle. "Sit on the bed and let me have look, okay?" I smiled and nodded. I laid on the bed still holding the cake box in my hand. He walks over with a cup and some herbs. "What's in the box?" I look at the box smiling. "Me and the queen picked out my wedding cakes today. These are the samples for Jamie to try later."

He nods his head feeling my stomach. Concerned washed over him. "When did you bleed last?" I thought for a moment. "Over a month ago before the duel, I just assumed I was stressed out about the weddings. Why?" He then looks at me smiling. He walks off and comes back with a cup of tea and a small piece of ginger. "Here chew this then drink the tea." I looked at him confused but did as I was told.

" You my sweet lady are with child." He said smiling. I had to fight the tea down. I looked at him in utter shock. "Are you sure.?" He nods his head as his happy smile turns to a sad one. "Don't tell anyone please. Not until I can talk with Jamie." He just nods. "I wouldn't dream of saying a word. But just remember I'd need to check you out every once in awhile to make sure you and baby are good."

He grabs a canister of tea and ginger root. He hands it to me and I leave. Lost in thought I end up in my room in front of the fireplace holding my legs to my chest wrapped in a fur just staring at the flames.