Chapter 5

*Y/N Wakes Up*

I wake up hearing soft crying, I look around the room and see a tall man by the fireplace, and the queen holding a child crying. "Why are you so sad princess?" I say softly the princess jumps when she here's my voice.

She jumps out of her mother's arms quickly and runs past her uncle jumping into the bed and burying her face in my neck crying even harder. I look to the man I just noticed it was Jamie. "Would someone like to explain why I wake a couple hours later to a crying princess?" Jamie looks to his sister then they both look to me.

"My Lady you've passed out when I was tending to your wound,..." Jamie starts, but I cut him off, "I know that. That was only a few hours ago. Right?" He looks down as if he doesn't know what to say. "You've been out for days Lady Y/N." I hear the princess sniffle out. "Days? How?"

"You had a fever and my guesses are from all the stress your body had endured upon your arrival. Your body just needed rest to heal." The queen said as she was gauging my reaction. 'Makes sense.' I thought. Then I remembered,"Princess Myrcella look at me my dear," I say softly, she lifts her head just enough to look at me,"I'm sorry for scaring you. It won't happen again and to make up for I'll do whatever it is you wish of me as soon as I'm able to get of this bed."

She nods and lays her head down on my shoulder, "I'd like a story of your old world if you don't mind." She says quietly before pulling herself closer to me. Before I can respond Jamie says,"I think we need to get food for Lady Y/N so she has enough energy for story telling, don't you think princess." Then she jumps up and smiles,"Wonderful idea uncle and while we're gone to get that maybe ms Catherine and another maid can help her get a nice bath and into fresh clothes."

Jamie looks at his niece and then looks at my with a shy smile. He holds out his hand for her to take and they walk out together. I feel bad for what happened but who could've predicted that I'd fall into a deep slumber for days? Not me that's for sure.

I looked up to meet the gaze of the queen, her face showed no emotion, but her eyes said she was worried yet relieved by what I'm not so sure. Before either of us can say a word, Catherine burst through the doors and ran to my side crying,"I have never been so scared for someone in my life. You had us all worried and the princess was so heartbroken, and..." The queen cleared her throat, Catherine stopped and whipped around falling to her knees bowing,"I'm so sorry your Grace I didn't mean to,." The queen raised her hand and Catherine went silent."It's alright." She looked at me. "You should rest I will have someone bring water for your bath." She turned to leave.

"Thank you, Your Grace." She nodded and left. I turned my attention back to Catherine, "What happened?"