Chapter 3

*Attending to Wounds*

I was done with my bath and noticed that the only serious wound that would need to be sown was the stab wound. I clean and bandage the lesser wounds first. I look at my chest and start to try and stitch it up. I can't get it right and it hurts a lot more now.

I scream in frustration and when the maid comes in I yell at her in Norse,"Get the fuck out!!!" I didn't mean to scare the young lady. I fall to the floor. "I'm so sorry father, I have failed you and our home."

I hear the door open but don't look up,"I'm sorry ma'am I didn't mean to yell at you." I apologize only to look up and be greeted by not only the maid but the knight. She looks at my state then comes to me helping me up. "It's okay my Lady, I just thought we could use a extra set of hands to help take care of your wound." She takes the stuff from my hands and hands over to the knight. "Sir Jamie has been gracious enough to lend us his time and help."

'Sir Jamie?' I thought. I look at the maid. "What is your name ma'am?" She looks at me and when she notices me looking right at her she blushes,"Catherine, my Lady." She says shyly. "Catherine, I'm sorry for yelling at you and thank you for finding help." I look at the knight, "and thank you Sir Jamie for offering to help."

They both smiled. "Your welcome my Lady and it was rude of me for not telling you my name sooner. Now let's get this wound taken care of." Catherine helps me lay on the bed the towel and now a sheet covering me. Jamie walks over with a bowl and bandages that the maid had given him.

The maid careful cleans the fresh blood off me and from around my wound. Her and Jamie share a look then,"This is going to hurt a lot but I'm sure you know that." Jamie says with a smirk.

"Just hold my hands, my Lady." I grab her hand,"Please call my Y/N." I look at her, as she was about to respond, Jamie started to stitch up my wound. I bit back my scream for as long as I could until he started to pull the string tighter in the middle to get the skin as close as he can.

Catherine had to sit on my stomach with my arms pinned under her legs. 'How the hell is the small lady so strong.' "Aaaahhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I feel wetness on my cheeks. I see Catherine and Jamie talking but I for some reason can't hear them. Catherine is sitting on my stomach and Jamie is still tending to my wound. I suddenly feel very sleepy and black out.