the squad

15th June 2022

Today is the day of the announcement of the squad for the euros 2022. We as were all already at camp for the previous friendlies getting ready for the Euros but today was officially it.

It was still early, and I was bunking with Keria Walsh, and she was still fast asleep, so I decided to have a walk around camp for a bit until it was time for breakfast. I put on some shorts and a hoodie and some sliders I grabbed my phone and air pods and saw that the time was only half 5, I sighed and quietly left the room trying not to wake up Keira. I walked down the hall where the rest of the team was hopefully sleeping and made it down to the relax room which was just a room full of games and an Xbox, but I noticed a guitar in the corner.

"Just what I need" I whispered to myself and grabbed it. I was glad I found this because I couldn't bring my guitar to camp this time around which sucked but I have one now. Music was one of my favourite things in the world I would kill everyone for music, I have played instruments ever since I knew how to use my fingers and now, I can play about 6 instruments which people find fascinating when they learn that.

But nobody on the team knew I played; they didn't know much about me well except the arsenal girls but then again, they also knew little about me. I never liked sharing much about myself like to keep to myself I mean my life isn't that exciting anyway I'm a rich private school kid from London who has a shitty father and a dead mum that's it really and football is my life my gateway out of reality, but most people know that last part, that's it.

I sat down on the couch and tuned the guitar and started to play, I was glad it was an acoustic so hopefully, it would be quieter but who knows? I was sitting there in my world when I felt someone come sit next to me, I looked up and saw Leah come sit next to me.

"Good morning bit early for you," I said.

"Could say the same for you how long have you been up?" she asked resting her head on my shoulder.

I looked at my phone and saw that it was now 6 "about half an hour" I said, and she nodded.

"How long have you been playing the guitar," she asks.

"Since I can remember the first instrument, I learned," I said.

"What others do you play," she asks.

"Guitar both electric and acoustic, piano, drums, ukulele, violin, and a bit of saxophone," I said.

"Wow that's a lot which do you find is your favourite," she asks.

I looked at her and she said "sorry I'm asking so many questions I know you're not a fan of them"

"It's fine le don't stress erm I would say guitar and piano," I said.

"Classics I like it," she said.

We sat in silence until it turned half 7 and all the girls started to slowly come down.

"Hello Jae" I heard from the side of my head.

"Hey Beth," I said, and fist bumped her.

"How is my favourite 19-year-old," she asked, and I put my thumbs up and smiled.

"nice," she said.

Once it turned 8 o'clock we went to the cafeteria to have breakfast. I filled my plate with the bare minimum because I'm not just a quiet one I'm also a picky eater, so my plate was very bare. We sat and ate and then were briefed by Sarina about what was going to happen, and she said that we weren't going to have training today and it was just to get the squad announced. After breakfast, I walked back to my room since my brother was expecting a call. He is currently 15 turning 16 in a couple of weeks and doing his GCSEs today he was doing his biology paper, so he wanted to talk before he went and sat it.