one last chance

todays the day. July 31st, 2022. the Euros final.

it has been a jam-packed week filled with training, team bonding and tactic briefs on the final against Germany. it was half 5 in the morning and i was watching south park on my computer whilst both Leah and Eli were fast asleep. i was watching it for about 3 hours before Leah woke up. i felt her turn over and she kissed my shoulder.

"Morning love" i said taking my eyes of my computer.

"How long have you been awake" she asked.

"Since about half 5 couldn't sleep" i said.

"oh, right so your been watching south park for about 3 hours" she said.

"Yeh good show" i said.

"Never really watched it" she said.

"what" I said shocked.

"i mean I've seen the odd clip but not like a full episode" she said.

"Oh man I'm slightly offended wait have you watched family guy or anything like that" i asked.

"Nope not my sort of thing" she said. i gasped making her laugh.

i disconnected my air pods and we watched it together, we sat through an episode and then we had to go get ready for breakfast. i was all dressed and Eli was still fast asleep i checked up on him to make sure he was all good and he was just sleeping.

Leah walked out my bathroom brushing her hair when she said, "he still asleep".

"oh, yeh he hasn't even stirred well except for a sneeze" i said.

i moved his pram over towards me and slowly moved him into it and put his blanket over him. i grabbed his bag and then we both walked into the food hall were everyone was. i moved him over to a quiet place so he could sleep peacefully and i went to go get some breakfast. i sat down next to Ella who said, "is Eli still asleep."

"Yeah, he's had a rough week by the looks of it" i said and he had he has been sleeping quiet lot during the night and only waking up maybe twice in the night and then awake some parts of the day which was filled with music and being held and cuddled by everyone in the room.

"Oh, bless him" she said. i started eating my food and i was halfway through it when he woke up crying. i stood up and moved his pram over to were i was sitting and i got him out.

"Hey mate" i said to him and pulled his already made bottle out and started feeding him as i continued with eating my breakfast i fed him and then went to change his nappy and clothes since he was still in his pjs.

i went upstairs and put all my stuff away and went to sit in the lounge where all the girls where talking.

"So, the final how is everyone feeling" Jill said as i sat down and everyone answered either confident, nervous or excited.

"how you feeling Jae" she said.

"Shit scared but very confident" i said and they nodded understanding.

i put Eli on my leg where i was sat and looked at him as he was looking around everywhere, he was only ten days old so he could see much but you could see his reactions to everyone voices which he would have gotten used to by now.

"What you thinking" Beth asked me.

"Just what you think he has learnt i mean he is just over a week old but i don't really know what he can develop i should sort of looked into it more" i said and Beth wiped out her phone and looked it up.

"so, he is a week old meaning that he is able to recognise voices and there able to rely on you" she said.

"Huh that's cool" i said.