injury fc

it was now the middle of December and a lot had changed. Eli was 5 months old and was growing fast he could now happily lift his head up and try to sit up but still needed a lot of help, solids were starting come in and he loves banana puree. he was sleeping through the night and started rolling and all his emotions and reactions where heightening.

I was back on the field given the okay to play but since being back the first weeks of November I had only played a total of 35 minutes and if was taking a toll on me and then including the fact that I still wasn't playing, and that we have lots of injuries. Beth and Viv with their acts Kim had been out and in with injuries and so many more the fans had now called us injury fc which is sad but is very true, but we still had come out with good scores considering the injury.

it was the day after the Everton game us winning 1-0. and Leah and celebrated her 200th cap and mine with 100 caps. I was sat in the cinema room with Kim next to me and Eli in my lap and the girls behind and we were doing a little media thing for my 100th cap.

"So today we have a very special video we are celebrating our little joes 100 caps for arsenal" Kim said looking at me as I laughed.

"yes" I said.

"So, we will be looking through our journey up till the point as not just an arsenal player but also a fan and we have some amazing photos to show everyone thanks to Jaes's grandparents they were happily to provide us with" she said, and I groaned knowing that there was going to be some right mugs.

"let's get this going" I said, and the first photo was of Alex Scott and a younger me walking beside her at the start of the match.

"Explain this" Kim said.

"Right, I was about 10 yeah and it was my first match, and I was actually supposed to be holding your hand, but I got swapped and I got Alex." I spoke.

"You looked so little" she said.

a new picture popped up and it was me on my first day on the senior team.

"Oh Jesus" I said.

"I remember this like it was yesterday you were so small" Kim said.

"I was still taller than you" I said causing the girls that were behind us to laugh.

"That was uncalled for Jae" she said.

"sorry" I said laughing.

"As if you had braces, I totally forgot about that" Jen said.

"That was the only photo that was taken of me with braces on this team I got them taken of ever since" I said.

"You had to take them off for football" Kim said and I nodded.

"Now I have a retainer" I said.

"I have known you for what 4 years and I keep finding out things about you that I never knew" Jen said.

the next slide was a video from the we play strong channel with Viv and Lisa.

"So, guys today we are going into training and doing some lovely gym things but first we have to pick up a lovely someone" Lisa said.

"Who we are picking up" Viv said.

"We have to pick up Jae from sixth form since the buses aren't on and she can't drive so we have to be the parent today" Lisa said.

"She is going to hate this" Viv said she was driving towards the school.

"Oh, I know" Lisa said.

the camera flipped after time and Lisa was videoing me coming out of the gates wearing smart clothes with a backpack walking towards the car.

"Look who it is it's our little albert Einstein" Lisa said, and I got into the back of the car.

"Why you are filming" I asked.

"I have to show the world the ins and outs of football life and this is included" she said.

"Oh okay" I said as the car set off.

"So how was school didn't you have a test today" Vi asked.

"Yeah, I had my music exam" I said.

"Well how you think it went" Lisa said.

"good" I said.

the clip ended and all the girls were awning.

"So, you were obviously still in education when you joined the team how did you juggle everything" Kim asked.

"Well, I mean I had one of the girls pick me up from after school then go down to training then on our breaks, I went to the little room that the staff had set up and I could work then go home and do the same I had a lot on my plate especially in year 13 but I managed" I said.

"And you what got the highest scores in all you're a level results" she asked, and I nodded.

"Talking about school how about you tell us how you got the call up because I haven't heard the full story" she asked.

"it's a good one so basically I was doing my GCSEs that day I had my science exam and after I did it I turned my phone on and noticed I had like 5 missed calls from my coach and 2 from Joe I didn't know what to do because I couldn't leave school yet so I called him and he said that I had to go into training for a meeting after I was finished so I did that and yeah I was offered a professional contract and almost didn't get it because I was in an exam" I said.

"Oh, Jesus that's like a lot" Kim said.

"Oh yeah" I said.

we moved on and went through some clips of the last couple of seasons and my best moments from media and explaining the moments and having a laugh.

"Now we get onto last season probably the best season you have had despite us not winning the league you were the main player who really got us up there with your goals I mean you did get the most goals scored in the season for how many over 20" Kim said.

"Yeah, I think I scored every game minus one or two games through every game we played including champions league and all the cups and that was about 30 or more games I don't know the number" I said.

"You are a scoring machine also to make your ego bigger you are number one on most goals scored in a season with 34 goals and 20 assists so that is insane" Kim said.

"Hopefully I get more goals this season" I said.

"Beat your own record that would be something" she said.

we finished of the video, and I was all good to leave. however instead of going home I had a meeting with Jonas and the Barcelona team about my move, since it was a week away from it being announced and I still had to find a way to tell the girls.

"When are the girls going to find out" Jonas asked after we finally got everything sorted and I just needed to go and sign the papers.

"Was thinking our next meeting so tomorrow morning" I said, and he nodded.

"There is no reason to be scared or nervous them girls love you more than anything and they will be so proud of you Jae even more than I am you are going to do phenomenal things in Barcelona they have been wanting you on their team before the euros" he said, and I nodded.

"Thanks Jonas" I said he dismissed me tell me to go home and I did just that while driving home I took longer than normal getting my thoughts together before going home to Leah and Eli.

once I got home Leah was sat with Eli watching south park and she turned to be "you okay".

"Yeh everything is all finalised just need to tell the girls and leave" I said sitting on the sofa watching Eli sitting up on lead lap.

we talked for a while and did our normal routine before going to bed, not ready for what's going to happen tomorrow.