the euros have arrived

it has been a tense couple of days, we travelled to Manchester on the 4th, and it was now the 6th and it was match day and the first match in the euros so now it is really game time and everyone on the team can feel it but it didn't affect us that much in training or outside of training that much. the match today was at 8.00pm so it was quiet a slow morning,

by the time it was the afternoon we all went for a team walk around Manchester which was nice to get into the zone a bit and for some to relax get the nerves out as always i did my thing with blasting out music and walking behind everyone in my own little bubble, we walked for about an hour and a half and then made it back to the hotel where we got our stuff all packed up and went out to the coaches to go to old Trafford.

i sat next to Beth on the way there who was texting Viv and sending mug shots of me to her, we walked of the coach to see media there taking photos and we walking into the stadium and we went to the changing rooms to be brief by Sarina.

i sat down in my spot and Sarina came in and started talking about the line up for today's match "hello girls so today we are obviously playing Austria for our first match in the euros and before we get started on tactics and stuff I'm going to announce to you who will be in our starting 11 so we have Mary, Leah, Lauren, Rachel, Millie, Ellen, lucy, Beth mead, Georgia, Keira and Jae and we will be playing 4-2-3-1 today" she said and then carried on with what was going on and tactics.

we had all gotten changed for warm up and we walked out to see all the fans there clapping, as we did our warm-up i saw Oskar in the stands and i waved and he waved back giving me a thumbs up once warm ups were all over i walked back into the changing room ready for walk out we all got into our kit and lined up ready to walk out, i was stood in front of Beth and behind Lucy and i felt someone's hands on my shoulders.

"you're going to do great you have been doing so well in training so today you're going to smash it you deserve it" Beth whispered in my ear and i patted her hand and before i could say anything as we started to walk out onto the field we all stood together and did the national anthem as normal and we the did a starting 11 photo and then i went to my spot ready for kick off.

the whistle is blown and we are off, for the first 15 minutes of the game we help a lot of possession and attempts, we were all trying to get the ball of the Austrian players and i got the ball kicking down to Beth who ran into the box kicking it over the keeper and one of the players tried to kick it out of the goal but it was already over the line.

i ran over to Beth and gave her a hug and kissed the top of her head.

"Good goal girlie" i said to her and ran off to start the game again. for the rest of the first half, we had lots of chances but we just couldn't get it in the back of the net. the whistle blew for half time and i walked down to the changing room sat in my spot and let Sarina give us some advice. as she was talking i was given a bottle of water and i sat there drinking it until we had to back on the pitch.

half time was over, and we were all walking back out and i felt an arm go around my shoulder i looked and saw Lucy.

"Hello you" i said.

"You doing okay you were quiet well more than normal" she said.

"Yeh bit tired but I'm good" i said.

"we've got this in the bag" she said as we walked on the pitch and i nodded.

the second half of the game nothing much happened other than a lot of attempts to keeps us on our toes it was the 63rd minute i was subbed of for Ella and i sat down next to Beth who had just come off as well.

"You luck tired" she told me.

"yeh lucy said the same thing" i said.

"you'll definitely sleep tonight" she said.