bruises on bruises

we had started the match and it was currently the 20th minute and it has been frustrating we knew that Spain was most likely going to have more possession on the ball but it's still annoying, we have had one shot but other than that it was a lot of trying to get and keep possession.

i have had a couple of run in with Mapi and i could already feel the bruises coming in, Spain was running down the left hand side and bonmati shoots and thankfully Mary punched it over and missed the goal.

the 37th minute bronze was running down and passed the ball to white who put it in the net but the offside flag went of which was frustrating, but we were doing something right i guess.

it was right before half time and i was running down the right-hand side of the pitch and i was about to pass to Ellen and i was tackled to the floor, i clutched my ankle rolling into my back and sat up seeing the ref give mapi a yellow card.

"You okay" Beth said crouching down.

"That hurt a bit" i said rubbing my ankle and standing up.

mapi came over and said "sorry about that you okay" she said.

"yes, I'm fine it's all good " i said and we shook hands and we set of again.

the half time whistle finally rang and i slowly walking into the changing rooms limping from my ankle. i sat down on the floor and i got the deep hit and put it on my ankle.

"how's your ankle" Sarina asked me as she walked it.

"She got me that's for sure " i said as the medic came and looked at it as Sarina started talking to us about how we need to improve. i was still on the floor and i felt someone pulling me back and the girls started giggling and i was sat In between someone's legs i looked up and it was Beth.

"why" i said.

"Because it's funny" she said and i turned back around and lent on her legs. it was time to go back on the pitch. u was stood in my spot waiting for the whistle to for the second half to start.

the second half had started, and we were about 10 minutes in and the Spanish were able to get the first goal of the game making us more hungry for a goal. We restarted the game again and it nothing much happened it was quite boring a couple of opportunities but nothing good enough. it was around the 80th minute we were finally able to get a goal from Ella scoring a banger making it 1 all.

for the rest of the game up until normal full time nothing else really happened and we have to go into extra time, we were all stood together we i wasn't i was sat in the middle as Sarina was talking to us all, i heard my name as i was having a drink and i turned to my left to see the media guys videoing me.

i waved and saw the girls laughing at me "what are you laughing at" i said as they were all laughing at me.

"Your so cute" Ellen said and hugged me.

"What am i not allowed to sit down" i said hugging her back.

we had finished up and back on the pitch ready for the next fifteen minutes. the whistle blew and both teams put as much pressure as possible desperate for another goal, in the first minute back to the pitch Spain had a chance but wasn't good enough for it to go into the net.

we were in the 96th minute and we were running down the pitch approaching the Spanish net and Keira was able to make a lovely pass to G who ran and strikes it into the net making it 2-1, we all celebrated and we went to start once again ready to go again.

we were about four minutes left and we had the possession on the ball and dominating Lucy was running down the right hand side and i was running in the centre on the pitch and bronze was able to cross it over to me and i was able to get the ball with ease and carried on in front of Spanish defenders and on a 1v1 with the keeper, the keeper was running towards me and i flicked it over the keeper and the keeper wasn't able to get to the ball on time and it rolled into the net, the crowd erupted celebrating the goal and i ran to the corner and slide and all the girls came and jumped on me celebrating.