both parent and footballer

it was one of the last days of our trip in Germany and it was one of our chill days and I have been brought in for some media, they didn't say much but to bring essentially for travelling for Elijah and me so I did that, I was sat outside whilst the girls were inside playing games.

"Hey Jae, so today I want you to explain why you have chosen the essentials basically" he said, and I nodded and took a seat where there was a table in front of me and I put the stuff down and got mic'd up.

they played the camera and one of the camera guys started to talk "so you are a new parent and it's your first-time having Elija with you so what are your essentials when you are a way and when your training" he said.

"Yeh of course I have never down this before and having no preparation I had no idea how to be a parent with a job like football and being on my own but TikTok and the mums the girls helped me" I said.

"So, for Elija the first this is this fan that can attach to his pram and really anything with the bendable stand which is good for this weather it keeps him once and cool I got this on amazon for like 14-pound barging, but it works amazingly." I said putting it on the table.

"the next one is noise cancelling earmuffs these helped so much in the euros and he napped almost the whole through the final and there padded and comfy these are amazing when taking him to games because I know his ears will be protected I also got these from amazon all of this stuff is from amazon" I said

"His dummy and blanket can't even leave the house with these Leah actually got both of these for him when he was born, and he can't nap without them so thank you Leah might have to give these back to him because he his awake with the girls at the moment" I said trying to look in.

"the last two things I have is a baby carrier because it is easier to carry him around and not have to use his pram especially in the airport and I'll be hand free and the last one I only just got before this trip but if you are a parent this is the best thing I have bought and it is call the rock it and basically you put it on your pram or car seat and it makes it vibrate and it but Eli to sleep and calm down and you don't even have to rock it and it has different speeds I have used this every day I wish this was a sponsor because honestly it the best" I said.

"Sound like you love the rocket Jae" he said, and I gave him a face.

"What about you what are your essentials" he asked.

"right okay first one air pods don't leave the house without it I cannot live without music and Spotify it is amazing and speaking of music I have this book and this book I bring with me everywhere and its where I write my songs in and it is almost full so I need to start recording them but if you see me writing in this then I'm writing, this little bag has all my essentials like deodorant spare hair bobbles I take it on every trip because if I forget anything I have spare stuff" I said.

"now this this is my pride and joy I know it's a note pad but this is where I write all my songs I have had this since I was 15 I take it on all my trip because you never know when you have a thought and you got to write it down I would right it in my phone but on paper so if you see a photo of me with this on socials I am writing something" I said and winked to the camera.

"Is that all you brought" he asked.

"Yeah, I don't really have essential that I take with me all the time except them 3 I guess I know quite sad, but I can't bring my guitar on every trip but if I could that would be here" I said.

"Thank you Jae I'm sure the new parents will be running to amazon" he said.

"I hope they do" I said, and they said cut and Leah came out with Elija.

"hello" she said and put him in my arms.

"He okay" I asked, and she nodded.

"The girls where being loud didn't want to upset him" she said.

"I'm sure he is used to it by now" I said and stood up putting the stuff in the bag and we walked in to hear that the girls were being loud.

I saw Jonas walk in and instantly got all the girls attention.

"so girls s you know yesterday we had a little competition with whoever could get the most goals in the shootout and whoever won got to decide what we did tonight I would like to announce that Beth won and it is her choice" Jonas said and Beth celebrated like she had won an Oscar award or something.

"What we are doing tonight then beffy" Jen asked.

"We are going bowling and then a steak house and then karaoke " she said, and we all cheered.

"Oh, I have been craving steak" I said with Elija on my lap.

we all spent time together for the rest of the day and then we got ready for the night together, as we got into the bowling alley we were put into groups, and I was with Leah, Lia, Caitlin, and Jordan.

we all did three rounds in bowling and that took a good 2 hours, and everyone was on a high happy laughing and teasing at each other's about who lost and who won. we got to the steak house, and we all sat ordered drinks and then we all ordered some food and talked as we waited.

Leah was sat to my left and I had my hand on her thigh as I was talking to Lia, in the corner of my eyes I saw Katie smiling at me, I looked towards her, and she winked at me.

"shit" I whispered.

"what's the matter" Leah said to me putting her hand on mine that was still on her thigh.

"k" I said, and she nodded and went to look at her and she was still smiling.

"It was bound to happen" Leah said and I nodded.

our food finally came, and I tucked in without a single thought.

"Jeez Jae, you'd think you never been fed" Lia said.

"I have been wanting a steak for so long" I said, and she laughed.

we all ate and talked until it was time to leave and we walked back to the training fronds and settled in the chillroom, and Beth brought in the karaoke machine, and everything got crazy everyone was singing and dancing, like we had no problems. it was a good way to end the pre-season before everything became busy.

it was around half one and I decided to go up to bed, I got changed and fell to sleep instantly.