CHAPTER 1

"HEY WATCH IT" I hear a screech making me jerk and fall to the side walk. "What the fuck?" the guy screams out of his window.

I look around the street and realise what I did.

"I-im sorry" I stand up, speed walking back to my dorm apartment.

Shit.

"What the hells the matter with you Arabella how stupid can u be?" i whisper to myself unlocking the door, and walking in. I drop my coat at the couch, turning up the heat.

Im literally always cold. I don't know why since im so fat.

Thinking back to my morning, I cant believe I let it get to me everytime. My uncle called again today. And I heard her voice. I dont know why he still calls.

But I know he cares about me and he just feels guilty. Sighing, I sit down on my bed, playing with my necklace. He cares about me, he's done alot the least i can do is give him fake assurance that im okay.

16 YEARS AGO:

"Mommy?" the little girl asks into the empty dining hall. "Momma?" she whines.

"Hey honey, your moms um, shes out with daddy, but uncle Richy is here, you get to sleep over with me and Tara tonight!" the sorrowfilled man tries to sound happy for the sake of the child in his arms.

His brother and sister in law had just died, leaving their 4 year old daughter to him. He loved his older brother, Roland, he was basically raised by him, the least he can do is take the best care of the one thing his brother loved most in this world.

At his house, his wife sits in the living room, drinking her bourbon.

"When are you not drinking Sandra?" He asks exasperatedly.

"Oh please Richard, youre just bitter your dear brother and his perfect fucking wife died" she slurs.

The little girl looks up at her uncle, holding his hand tighter.

"Y-your brother died uncle wichy?" she asks him. "M-my puppy chi chi did too, mommy says its okay, t-there in a better place" she soothes. His heart hurts for the little girl, who doesn't even realise how big her loss is.

"Aw did she? Ofcourse she did she always wanted to be fucking perfect, the little angel" Sandra mocks making little Arabella frown.

"Bella, why dont you go play with Tara darling, ill be up in a while" he kisses her cheek and she runs off. "Sandra, thats my neice, my brothers only legacy, dont ever fucking speak to her like that again" Richard spits.

"Your brothers? Or Isabella's? You couldn't have fucking wanted her more Richard, you should've seen your bloody face when you found out-" She starts screaming.

"MY BROTHER DIED, IM ALLOWED TO FUCKING LOOK SAD, YOURE SO FUCKING INSECURE SANDRA, YOU RUINED OUR MARRIAGE, I WOULDN'T STILL BE MARRIED TO YOU IF IT WEREN'T FOR MY CHILDREN, YOURE UNSTABLE AND A DRUNK" Richard screams, then storms out.

PRESENT TIME

My aunt has always been an alcoholic. She hated my mom for her own personal reasons, so I guess I inherited that share of hatred.

As a child she would abuse me, verbally and physically. But when i was 10 i told my uncle about her hitting me. She wasn't able to hit me again but that didn't stop her from making everyday I lived in that house a nightmare.

My uncle Richard is the sweetest to me. He treats me more than equal to his children, infact i think he might favour me over them. But when my aunt went sober two years ago, she wanted to give her family a chance, but without me, she made my last year in highschool hell.

Im from Springfield, Illinois, its where I was born and raised, so when my aunt was having aneurysm after aneurysm in anticipation for having a 'fresh start' preferably without me, I thankfully got accepted into The University of Chicago.

So I moved away from my 'home' if I can call it that.

I grew up listening to Sandra ridicule my every move, calling me ugly and fat and up until I was 12, she would take away all my things that my Uncle would buy me, my toys, my colours, even my freaking clothes.

I dont know how someone could ever hit a 4 year old. It makes me sick to my stomach to think she was ever alone in a room with a 4 year old girl who was terrified of her.

I don't even think of it as me, no child deserves that. She freaking has two children of her own I dont know how she could ever do that.

When i was 13, I finally started gaining some body mass and so I started thinking I could take her. So I would fight back and eventually, her abuse reduced to snide remarks that still hurt, but I didn't let her have the satisfaction because I didn't show how they affected me.

Uncle Richy always tried to fulfill all the empty holes in my life with material things. People at college think im 'rich' because I wear expensive things. I dont really care for how much something is, I more so focus on how pretty it is. But he gives them to me so why wouldn't I wear them? I love and respect him, he's been amazing to me.

But him and Taylor and Tara still bring back alot of memories for me, I've had 3 years of therapy through my high-school years, and I have diagnosed ptsd and anxiety. I thought I got over it when I moved here but I guess some things never go away.

I exhale sharply and look around my room. I love my room so much. I decorated it and its my favourite thing. Its the first place that feels like home. Im a pretty lonely person, I find comfort in cliche romance novels and this small room. Oh and food.

I mean, theres nothing special about it, just a few harry styles and louis tomlinson album covers and such on one of the walls. But I like it.

 But I like it

Uncle Richy pays for this apartment/dorm thing on campus

Uncle Richy pays for this apartment/dorm thing on campus. I also have a monthly allowance.

Usually this kind of apartment dorm is a shared space but he got me it for just me. He knows people freak me out, I cant be comfortable around people at all. I dont even wear certain clothes around people. Only big shirts that hide my boobs.

I tiredly lay down, cuddling into my stuffies and blankets, falling into a deep sleep that always ends in a nightmare.