CHAPTER 6

HUNTER'S POV

I carried her up to a room on the bottom floor. She's been sleeping for an hour, its currently 10pm at night.

Right now im in my office, my Father and my uncle, aswell as the boys are all here.

"This situation is so fucked." Marcello mumbles. I shake my head.

"Can't we just let her go?" Antonio asks me. I look to Papa and he sighs.

"Essentially, sì we could, she doesn't know alot just that we were looking for someone, got the wrong girl," he pauses,

"But?" Antonio asks.

Papa sighs, "but our relationship with the American President is currently rocky, if she is to go back and get involved with the police, that doesn't bode well, Marcel," he gestures for Marcello to speak.

"Uh we ran a background check she lived with her aunt and uncle up until she left for college. Her uncle is an influential business man in Springfield, Illinois so if they were to decide to go to the police, they definitely wont be ignored, the opposite actually." He finishes.

Fuck.

"So.... we kill her?" Haydens voice sounds from the computer. I look at papa.

"She's innocent, we don't kill the innocent figlio" He sighs.

"Well we cant let her go, we cant kill her, what is she gonna stay here for the rest of her life?" Vincenzo asks.

"Hunter, you're the Don, you haven't said a word" My father says. I run a hand through my hair.

"Maybe keep her here a few days, try to make sure she doesn't blab about this, feel her out, see what she'd do in a situation where she gets to go back, ill personally analyze her. Hopefully she doesn't have that revenge streak, she doesn't look like the rebel kind." I finish.

"Right, wait." Papa says and all of us sigh, knowing this is gonna be hard.

~

Im in my room, it's past midnight. I just got back from the basement.

The estates are my home, office, gym, everything.

When I was young, looking at papa I always wanted to be like him. Lead the Mafia. But I knew my older brother was first in line.

So when it was time for him to take over, he instead said that he's gonna marry a girl who's pregnant with his child. We were definitely all shocked but we were also supportive.

After all, family first.

Besides, he never wanted this, the glory, the power. I always did. And he saw that and he gave it to me.

I was 22 when I became Don. More than willing and ready.

Now 2 years later, work and the gym is all I know. And the clubs. And sex.

I take off my suit jacket, throwing it on the bed.

I walk down to the common floor because I left my laptop in my office.

As im walking down the hallway, I hear a loud shriek coming from one of the rooms.

"No! Leave me alone! Stop!" she's screaming.

I grab my gun from my waistband, running in to the room with my gun pointed.

My head fills with rage when I see whats inside.

One of my men is hovering over Arabella, his forearm pressed to her throat, the other covering her face.

I grab his collar and pull his filthy form off of the small girl, throwing him to the ground.

"You son of a bitch" I spit, kicking him multiple times before I take my gun from my waist again and cock it at him.

"S-stop, d-dont" I hear a raspy voice come from behind me making me turn around.

I only get a brief look at her eyes before she falls back on the bed.

"Ah shit" I get my phone out to call Luca, my right hand man to take this filth to the warehouse. I'll torture him to his miserable fucking death.

I lift Arabella out of the bed and with help from Luca, I carry her up to my floor.

Its my fault i shouldn't have left her on the common floor it was stupid as fuck.

I lay her down in bed then cover her small body with the duvet.

I close my eyes sighing at what just happened. Fuck.