CHAPTER 42

"Thats MY woman out there" I spit making his eyes widen, his bloody lips quirk upwards.

"So she is the slut she looks like" He grunts when I punch his face making him howl in pain. "Youre a fucking piece of shit" I say calmly. I thought we could just disfigure you, but leaving scum on the street has never been in De'Luca blood" I smirk holding my hand up to Marcel and he hands me a silencer.

I slowly stand up, screwing it onto the barrell of my hand gun then aiming it at his forehead.

"NO! No please you- you dont know my father you wont get away with this!" he grunts squirming on the floor, crawling backwards. "All this for a chic, come on man we can work out a paymen-" I pull the trigger immediately shutting him up.

"Thankyou, he was getting on my nerves" Vincent sighs walking out.

I tuck my gun into my pants and walk out to see Arabella still sobbing, hugging herself, a girl now by her side.

"Who are you" I ask her making Arabella jump. "Sorry baby" I put a hand on her head, caressing her soft hair making her relax into me.

"Uhm Im Ashlyn Sir, Ms. Carters assistant." She informs. I nod.

"You can go home" I say to her. She hesitantly looks at Arabella who nods.

She's gone in a few minutes and my cleanup guys are arriving soon so I bend down infront of her taking her hands in mine. She's still shaking with sobs and sniffles.

"Im taking you home baby, is that okay?" I ask her making her look into my eyes. Hers fill up with fresh tears as she nods. "Please dont care my love, the puttana is gone, he wont bother you again" I kiss her hand.

I grab her purse for her then take her home. She's silent the whole ride over until Im unlocking her apartment door which is when she lets out a soft confused sound.

"You okay" I turn to her as I lock her door behind us.

"How did you know where I live?" She asks, tilting her cute face making my heart flutter again. I smirk leading her to her couch.

"I know alot of things baby" I sit her down and she looks confused still. "Tell me what happened" I say sitting knelt infront of her,  making her snap her eyes to me. Her face contorts to sadder one and she shakes her head.

"Im so sorry" She cries. "I im just so stupid I cant even- I dont know how to figure people out and-" She sniffles.

"Its not your fault. Theres no need to blame anyone but that figlio di puttana" I tell her and she shrugs.

"Im the worst with guys" She says closing her eyes leaning into the couch. That stung. "Its your fault" she says leaning back in with accusing eyes. My lip's quirk at her adorable face.

"Yeah?" she nods. "How baby".

"You set me off on the wrong foot" she says as if its obvious . "The first guy probably sets the tone for the rest of them" she adds.

"Thats not exactly how it works" I tell her smiling. I cant help it. She scowls leaning closer.

"Does too, the time you kissed me. I cant stop thinking about that, so I cant find another guy that I want to kiss" she says.

That bitter, burning feeling is back in my chest. But I keep my anger at bay. For her. And myself.

Our faces are very close at this point and without thinking, the words leave my mouth.

"Why dont you just try the first guy again?" I ask making her eyes widen.

"What?" She asks but I grab her jaw and bring her mouth to me and kissing her.

Unlike last time, I take it slow, pouring everything I cant say to her into the kiss.

When I pull away, her eyes are closed, cheeks flushed, lips parted. I brush her hair out of her face making her eyes flutter open.

"You kissed me again." She says in a whisper.

"Im sorry" I say. "I should have asked especially if because youre most definitely fragile right now-" I stopped by her grabbing my hair and smashing her lips to mine. I kiss her back with the same ferver.

I bite down a little making her release the sexiest moan and I grunt. We pull away, one of her hands on my shoulder, one holding the back of my head.

When she looks at me, I look at her eyes, that have a wild look in them.

"Ive never seen you smile" She says. I didnt even realise I was smiling. "I like you smiling" She tells me. Her voice sounds different. Like she's not trying to hide something, like shes free.

"I like you" I say making her make a funny face.

"You do?" She asks and I nod.

"More than anything" I say and she laughs. Its the most beautiful sight.

"Liar" she says smiling cheekily. "Youre Hunter, you cant like me" She says.

"On the contrary my love, Im the only one who can, I will break anyone else that does" I tell her and she shakes her head.

"I-" She stops, her face scrunching a little.

"Bella?" I ask but her eyes flutter shut and she falls limp backwards. "ARABELLA!"