CHAPTER 33

HUNTER'S POV

"La spedizione dovrebbe arrivare alle 4 di domani mattina capo, Angelo sarà lì per ricevere, nessun problema previsto."
(The shipment is scheduled to arrive at 4 tomorrow morning boss, Angelo will be there to receive, no expected issues.)

I listen to the guy standing infront of my desk, nodding once in a while.

Im so fucking tired. He leaves soon and lean back in my chair letting out a sigh.

The past 4 months of my life can be described as hell. Pure fucking hell.

I never thought I could actually the absence of a person. I never did, I've been away from my family for months at a time. And I love my family. But I never missed them.

Miss. I sound like a pussy.

"Ciao brother, how are you this fine morning" Jayden asks as all of my brothers enter my office.

"Like he has been the past 4 months. Like crap" Marcello says smirking at me.

"Fuck off" I mumble.

"Well Im going to Chicago next week Hunt, if you want to join you should, it'll be a change of pace and you can sit in on an important deal for the company, huge contract for our metal supply" Vincenzo says, sitting on one of the two chairs infront of my desk, beside Leonardo.

"I think you should go Hunt, you haven't shaved in a month, you have bags under your eyes, you need to feel like a boss again." Leo says giving me a shrug.

He's been up my ass about me getting better. He thinks im depressed or whatever.

"Uh fine whatever, maybe all of us should go, American clubs are great entertainment." I say nodding.

They all nod, talking about the trip.

Last I checked, Arabella was in Springfield. Leonardo made me stop getting details on her. For about a month, I got to keep track of everything she did. But then she did something off.

She went to a fucking club. A club.

The woman who didnt want to wear a dress and didn't like drinking.

I wrecked my office when I found out she was dancing with a few guys. They turned out to be friends from college.

But Leonardo fucking made me not track everything she did. Instead, I have a team making sure she's always safe, but I don't get to know details. It fucks with my head but not as much as knowing and not being able to do anything about it.

I run a hand stressfully through my hair. Maybe Chicago will help.

~

ARABELLA'S POV

Its 7 am and Im getting ready for work. I have an important meeting with a bug client today. This contract could make us one of the top 10 companies in North America.

Im excited and very confident that we'll get it. The company we're dealing with are rich and influential, they're known to be a non problematic working partner and their attorney's are already very nice to ours.

Currently, Im deciding what I should wear. I mean, I want to make a good impression but I also got my period this morning so I feel like being comfortable.

I look through my options in dresses again and decide I want to feel confident and powerful more than I want to be comfortable.

I pick a fitted, knee length red dress with these red and clear high heels that I bought recently. I know, its too much but I guess thats me now, its what I feel most like myself in.