CHAPTER 11

TRIGGER WARNING ⚠: This chapter has scenes of Child Abuse, PTSD and trauma, read at your own risk.

**************************************

"What? So he likes me, he can literally smell danger, you just telling him im danger wont make him become the ripper" I huff vampire diaries reference? no shh.

I stand up. "What if he did attack me? Its an animal, manipulating him is wrong, if you want to kill me do it yourself" Im just talking as im dusting my bum.

The next thing I know, i have a hand wrapped around my neck, not hard enough to choke me, but theres a pressure. Arlo starts to bark up at us.

"I said this already, don't fucking disrespect me, because if I wanted to fucking kill you, you'd be dead already" He seethes, face close to mine.

My head is spinning, tears springing to my eyes.

FLASHBACK (TRIGGER WARNING ⚠)

"A-auntie sandra w-what are you d-doing" the little girl coughs lightly as the older woman has her hand wrapped around the 5 year olds neck.

"Shut up, you remind me of your slut of a Mother!" she screams, squeezing her small neck.

Small chocking sounds leave little Arabella when the door slams open.

"STOP SANDRA YOU'LL KILL HER" Sandra's sister barges in, taking the little girl away.

"Run away Arabella"

The little girl tries but falls, her eyes closing but she can hear her surroundings.

"Arabella! Arabella!"

HUNTER'S POV

My hand is wrapped around her small neck, her eyes are tightly closed, eyebrows furrowed.

My hand is wrapped around what?

I quickly let go of her,

"Fuck!" I shout but shes now holding her own neck, clawing at it as if trying to pry someone's hands off.

Arlo is next to me, barking loudly, growling... at me?

Her eyes look distant, empty, no emotion but her face looks terrified. As if she's in a trance.

What the actual fuck.

I go closer to her, holding her shoulders I try to shake her out of it.

"Arabella, you're okay snap out of it!"

"ARABELLA!" I shout, and she jerks with a loud gasp blinking and looking at me. A whimper leaves her and she pushes me off.

Fuck.

"Arabella, I dont know-" I hold her forearm making her hiss and jerk her hand away as if in pain. What?

She quickly runs away, towards the house. Shit.

~

Im in my office downstairs.

Im feeling something I haven't felt in a long time.

Guilt.

I dont hit women.

Thats the one thing I dont do.

How could I let myself do that.

Especially her. God I never wanted to hurt her.

I run a hand through my hair.

Grabbing my phone, I call the one guy I know can help me right now.

"Hunter my man, how are ya" His Irish accent sounds.

"Connor, im fine, i have a medical question"  i tell him.

"No you cant bring someone back to life to kill them again, i already told you this" he says making me roll my eyes.

"No not that-"

"No you cant reattach fingers-"

"Shut up and listen," i grunt. "Why would one look like they're in a trance, almost like they're having an out of body experience, while they're standing right infront of me?" i ask.

"What do you mean? Describe this person's body language" he asks me.

I tell him her position, eyes, everything.

"That sounds like a flashback, most people with PTSD have these vivid flashbacks to past traumatic events that feel completely real, like they're back in that place, they happen when they are triggered or reminded of said event because of an action or display of the action that occurred." he explains.

My gut feels empty.

I sigh.

"Alright man, appreciate the help" I hang up.

Wait does that mean someone chocked her in the past? I feel myself become angry.

I have no right, I did the same thing myself.

Fuck.

ARABELLA'S POV

It happened again.

I cant stop crying, i feel like im going to suffocate.

I fell asleep crying after I came back from downstairs. But I woke up with the same flashback.

I haven't had that intense of a flashback in years. They only came when my aunt would mention doing the stuff she did.

Or once when in highschool a guy cornered me to a wall.

I hate that im like this, a freak.

I hate that I have no one I can talk to about these problems.

Except for my therapist.

The one you had feeings for?

Shut up.

I thought I liked my therapist. He was sweet and kind and he called me baby. Cringe.

It wasn't just me either. I could tell we had a vibe. But I was 17 and he was 22. Soooo.

He was an older guy who understood my pain, helped me through it and even answered my phone calls at 2 am to talk me through a panic attack. So I caught feelings.

I haven't spoken to him in years.

3 years.

I sigh, grabbing my phone and scrolling through it.

Aaron Parker.

Man was he a hot hunk.

Stop.

I tap on it without even thinking.

I quickly go to hang up but he answers on the second ring.

"Arabella?" The room echos with his voice on speaker.

Its more gruff than I remember it. "Are you okay?" he asks. A sob leaves me. "Shit Bella, whats wrong?" He asks again.

"Aaron?" my voice breaks making him sigh.

"Yes baby Im right here" he says making me sob.

this is why i fell for you, you dumbass

but he's got a cute ass.

shut up please.

"I don't wanna be a freak Aaron I wanna b-be normal" I hiccup.

"Your are normal Bella, you're not a freak, this is not your fault" he soothes. "You're beautiful love, inside and out, just breathe for me baby" He hums, his voice relaxing me.