CHAPTER 31

HUNTER'S POV

Its been a day.

One day and I cant stop thinking about where she is. What she's doing. Its not fair that I can't think about anything but her and I claim to not like her, dislike her even.

I shrug to myself grabbing my phone from my office table and dial a number.

"Sì capo"

"I need tracking on Arabella Carter, at all times, making sure she's safe, but stay away from her, no getting close unless shes in trouble" I explain and soon hang up.

Stressfully running my hand through my hair, I look at my desk.

It doesn't help that every problem the Mafia has ever had is coming up now and I have to deal with so much crap. I have so much to do and I cant stop thinking about if shes okay or hates me.

Ill just have to wait to get my kitten, right now, I need to solve my own shit and so does she.

ARABELLA'S POV

4 months later

"Morning Ms. Carter, your files for today are on your desk, Mr. Carter will be here at 11 for your meeting" My assistant says walking along with me. I nod at her, hearing my heels clicking, my receptionist stands to greet me.

"Okay Ashlyn, thankyou, can you pick up my sandwich from Starbucks please, I didn't eat im starving" I tell her, standing in my doorway, holding it open with my hip.

"Ofcourse Ms. Carter, ill bring it by in 10 minutes" She says, giving me a polite smile.

"You can call me Arabella, Ashlyn" I hum walking away when she does.

I sit down on my desk chair, looking over the pile of paperwork then to the skyline view of Chicago, letting out a loud sigh.

I cant believe the turn my life took in the past 4 months.

After I got back from Italy, I was pretty messed up in the head. I don't know what happened but I turned a switch. I went to a club one night with some college friends and I thought to myself, why am I so cautious? I dont need to be afraid of everything that happened in my life. I just have to keep going.

I started seeing a therapist and I graduated college a month after I came back.

Then my uncle gave me something I could only dream of. He made me and Taylor Co-CEO's of his new office in Chicago. He's still CEO at his office in Springfield but he branched out and wanted to split duties between his 'children'.

Tara is in nursing school because she wants to be a nurse, Taylor loves composing music but Uncle Richard wanted him to take over the company one day, by having my help, Taylor gets to do both.

I love working. I think I've improved alot as a person. Im more open, I talk to people now, I can picture something besides an abusive episode when I think about alcohol. Going to therapy has helped me alot, my therapist doctor Linda is very good at her job.

Lastly, the De'Luca family. Ohh where to begin. Ive been in touch with Arianna and the kids, Annabelle and Mrs. De'Luca too. They will always be part of my life I think. Even though I spent only a little time living with them, I still will cherish them all.

Hunter is well. He's Hunter. I haven't spoken to him at all but not a day goes by when I dont think of him. His touch, the way he held me, comforted me, kissed me.

I hear a knock on my door breaking me out of my thoughts.

"Uh come in" I ask then Ashlyn enters with a paper bag in hand.

"Your breakfast Ms. Carter" She says walking in and putting the bag on my desk.

"Thankyou Ashlyn, can you get Lauren to call Willow Groups and schedule a meeting for tomorrow? Ask her to schedule it with my calender in mind and send Uncle Richard right through when he's here please" I tell her. She quickly jots stuff down and nods along with me.

"Ookay got it" She hums walking out.

I take out my sandwich, opening the first file of paper work, I start on my work for the day.

AN:

hii, sorry for not updating in ever, im not even sure if anyones even reading still, but Merry Christmas everyone, love you hope it was a great one.