CHAPTER 32

"What new company?" I ask my uncle as we sit in my office having our weekly meeting.

"Its a European company, very influential in the continent, they want to give us a 5 year contract for their sole supplier, its a big contract it could take us to a new level of achievement if we get it." he explains. I nod along.

"That sounds like a great deal, when did you say they wanted to come?" I ask.

"Well the representatives will be in town all of next week so we can schedule with them then" My uncle informs.

Even though the branch in Springfield is older, this branch is the new Headquarters of our company. Uncle Richard wanted headquarters to be in Chicago, now that he had more international clients, it made sense if the HQ was in a major city. Its also a bigger building.

"Bella, I know Taylor doesn't take this job seriously, hell he's never even here" He says stressfully.

"No Uncle Richy, Taylor helps out alot, he does his half of the work, think of it as him doing two jobs and still getting all the work done" He shakes his head. "We can't ask him to give up on his dream" I say softly.

"You're too nice, you have to handle all this alone, I know how hard it is, thats why I wanted you kids to help eachother out" He says. I smile at him reassuringly.

"Thankyou for worrying, but I think all three of us are great, plus when youre doing what you enjoy, it gets easier, so im fine, honestly"

We continue to chat before he has to leave for a lunch he has in town as well.

I sit back in my chair, relaxing after working through my lunch break. I can just eat now, I was in the flow and didnt want to stop.

I hear a knock on my door making me call out a come in as I sit up.

"The conference room is ready for your meeting Ma'am" Ashlyn informs making me groan.

I forgot I had a meeting. Dang it. I nod at her and ask her for a minute.

Standing up, I walk to the bathroom in my office checking my reflection.

I look fine I guess

I look fine I guess. I definitely dress more revealing. I couldn't even wear clothes that would cling to me. But I just couldnt get the words out of my head. The words he spoke with such distaste it broke my heart into many pieces.

"she dresses like a homeless teenager that I had to bear the burden of"

I never want to be or feel like a burden again. He's wrong for saying that, staying there was not my choice.

Wrong? you cant even curse in your head?

No.

I shake my head. Anyway, I know that its wrong to let his words influence me, but its not like im doing something I don't like, I actually quiet like wearing dresses everyday and dressing up to look pretty.

I always thought I was 'fat' because I got called it alot but I never did anything to make myself feel better, instead I always hid my body. Now, I've learnt to go to the gym everday and work on myself and show off my progress, not for anyone else, for me.

I fix a stray strand of my hair, fluffing it up, its a little longer now, reaches my lower back. I take breath before making the short elevator ride to the conference room.

Here we go.

~

After my meeting, my day went by normal and I left the office around 5. I live in a nice apartment very near to the office. Its not too big but big enough, two bedrooms. I love it though.

Once I got home, I took a hot shower and settled in with chinese takeout, because I was too tired to cook. Another quite night of me and Emily in Paris.

My mind wanders to him. What he might be doing. Does he think of me too?

No? He's probably been with 17 different women by now, maybe you should try finding someone special.

Maybe I will.

AN:

I was determined to publish a chapter before I slept.

Its 7 am..... i haven't slept :p

Anyways, enjoy lemme know what you think.