CHAPTER 35

AN: helloo, I know its been so long and im so sorry but i hope you like this.
you may wanna read the last few chapters to refresh your memory.

ARABELLA'S POV

I just got back from my little lunch date with Daniel. I had fun, it was refreshing he's very nice.

I quickly walk to the conference room where the clients are waiting and go inside, closing the door.

"Afternoon gentlemen, Im-"

"Arabella?." I hear behind me making my eyebrows furrow. I look to see three men I recognise very well standing there in black suits.

Including him.

"h-hi guys" I mumble, I can only imagine how shocked I must look. My eyes flicker, trying so hard to not look at him.

Jayden breaks the awkward tension by walking to me, going in for a hug.

"You look smoking" He hums, putting an arm around my waist making me smile.

"Thankyou Jay" I pull back and look at Vince giving him a polite nod. He smiles at me then his eyes worriedly flick over to where Hunter is standing.

I can feel his eyes burning my skin.

"Uh well I had no idea you guys were the clients" I shake my head shrugging a little.

"Wait youre the CEO?" Vince asks making me smile and nod.

"Yeah, Arabella Carter" I shrug.

Soon, Uncle Richy and Tyler walk into the room, greeting us.

"Welcome Mr. De'Luca, its a pleasure" Uncle Richard says professionally.

Vince shakes his hand introducing Jayden and Hunter.

But he doesn't respond. I look at him and my breath gets caught in my throat when my eyes meet his.

"Are we missing something here?" Tyler asks making me nervous. I quickly tear my gaze from his.

"Uh not really, um, I kinda know the De'Luca family" I say nervously.

"How do you know them?" Uncle Richard asks with a confused expression on his face.

"Just through an old friend, uh we should start the presentation I have another meeting after this if you dont mind" I say amd everyone agrees, dropping the subject making me sigh in relief.

I step infront of the screen talking about our company, smiling everytime I look at Jayden because hes making goofy faces at me.

And avoiding him.

After the presentation ends, Vince announces that the deal is ours and Tyler grins getting up to pull me into a hug.

"You did great presenting that cousin." He says making me laugh.

"Well you made a great presentation Ty," We smile and Uncle Richard and Vince come over to chat.

"Alright well, please guys, sit have some refreshments, I have a short meeting upstairs,"

"Oh no Arabella, we're gonna leave but give me your number, I know the guys would love to meet up while we're in town" Jayden asks making me nod.

As I'm leaving the conference room while they continue to talk, I notice he's not in the room making my eyebrows come together. I quickly brush it off, walking out.

HUNTER'S POV:

As soon as Vincent said the contact was theirs, the bastard with her uncle jumped up pulled her into a hug. And she let him, she laughed at something he said.

I hate how much she has changed. My old Arabella would never wear that dress. She would never be comfortable hugging everyone. And she definitely wouldn't ignore me like this.

I feel myself become angry so I storm out the door. I need a cigarette.

After Im done smoking, I get in the elevator with another guy. When the elevator stops at the top floor, I realise I forgot to press my floor.

The doors open and I see the same beautiful woman in a red dress, strutting away from the elevators.

"Arabella!" The guy calls out, stepping out towards her. My eyebrows furrow and I hold the elevator to watch whatever the fuck is going on.

She turns around and I watch as her face lights up with that beautiful smile.

"Daniel, what are you doing here" She asks him.

How the fuck does she know him.

"Well you forgot these at the cafe" He hands her sunglasses. "I had to stop by my office or I would've come earlier"

"oh, well thankyou for bringing them back" She says grabbing them. He just keeps looking at her, then shakes his head.

"Uh yeah ofcourse"

"Well um, I have a meeting right now but if you wanted to talk more-"

"No no, please continue with your day, I'll see you soon enough, you still owe me that second date" he grins.

I feel my jaw clench, my knuckles starting to feel fatigued from being clenched so tightly.

I step out of the elevator, making her eyes fall on me. Her smile falls, looking back at him she forces it back.

"Ofcourse, ill see you later Daniel"

He walks into the elevator leaving as she waves at him, I continue to watch her.

She begins to turn around but I grab her arm, spinning her around. She starts to pull away, struggling.

"Hey-"

"Listen to me," I seethe, close to her face her stop and look up into my eyes.

"No." She states.

"You went on a date with that fucker?" I ask her. She smiles. Fucking smiles.

"Thats none of your business Mr. De'Luca, now let. go." She says firmly taking me by surprise.

"You've grown a mouth on you" I say smirking. "It is my business-"

"Oh why because you think merely talking to a guy is whoring myself out?" I feel my face fall. "Thats right, I remember every damn word you said to hurt me and I won't forget, now let go of my arm, I have a meeting to get to" She forcefully pushes my hand off, giving me one final look before walking to a door at the end of the hall.

"Arabel-" My phone ringing cuts me off making curse under my breath. "What Vince" I answer.

"Where the fuck are you?" he asks making me.

Arabella turns around once she opens the door, giving me a fake smile before closing it.

"Coming."