CHAPTER 7

ARABELLA'S POV

My bed feels more firm this morning. I let out a soft sound as i stretch, thats when the pain sets in.

My forearms, my head, my scalp, my lower stomach. Everything hurts.

I sit up straight and look around the foreign room.

Oh. Oh. OH.

I jump out of bed quickly, going to the door and opening it.

Why isnt it locked?

Why do you care? Run!

I sprint out of the door, running into a wall.

In the middle of the hallway?

Looking up slowly, I come face to face with a chest, and going further up, I find the face of the man from yesterday.

"Where do you think you're going?" he asks making me shiver. His voice is so deep and husky, it literally sent vibrations through me.

"I- I wanna go home" I say in the most demanding voice I can muster.

"I cant let you go home" he tells me. I feel my lip wobble so i bite it harshly.

"What did I do wrong? What do you want from me?" i ask him, on the verge of crying.

"You didn't do anything wrong it was my men who fucked up," I tilt my head sniffling.

He sighs. "Alright, come with me" he leads me to a room at end of the hall, it looks like an office, but its smaller then the one from yesterday.

"Sit" he says, gesturing to the chair infront of the desk, and sits on his. I sit down slowly, my eyes never leaving him. Im scared he'll kill me if I look away.

thats really stupid. he can kill you anyway.

I know.

"Alright, I dont beat around the bush so the deal is, Im the Don. There was this woman, she was hired to kill one of my top men, she killed another a month ago, I wanted her dead this time, she was a big liability." I take in a shaky breath.

His accent is so attractive. i love it.

HIS ACCENT?! MA'AM HE'S TALKING ABOUT PEOPLE DYING??

yea yea i know.

"So I sent out men, we had information she was hiding in a dorm, posing as a student in college." Wait what?

"Cleo? she was- oh my god" I lean back in the chair. I feel so stupid. And scared.

"Claudia actually, but I suppose she gave you a false name. Anyway, my men went to the location, picked up the first blonde 5'6 girl they saw, and that's completely our fault, I do take full responsibility." His voice is deep and husky.

"S- so now that you know im not her, why cant I go home?" I ask him.

"Because when you go home you're gonna tell people, friends, family and from what I know, your uncle, Richard Carter, he's an influential man, and would want to press charges, and we simply can't have that" He shrugs.

"N-no I wont tell anyone, I dont have friends, im not close with my family either and and my uncle he's, I didn't, I said I wouldn't call him or talk to him for a while, so he he's probably not even worried." I stutter. His intense stare remains on me then he breathes in.

"Well this here says otherwise," he says, holding out my phone to me. My phone is mint color with a blue charm thing on it. It looks funny in his hand.

I take it from him and look through the notifications

I take it from him and look through the notifications. Theres about 15 missed calls from Uncle Richard, and alot of text messages. I try to read some from my notifications.

'You didn't attend a single class today, you missed half of yesterday's are you okay??'

shit.

I look up at him nervously. He was already looking at me. Wow he doesn't even look away.

"You just gave me my phone? What if i called someone?" i ask him, my head tilting eyes squinting a little.

His lips twitch, almost as if he would smile, but he doesn't.

"It's not in your eyes" he says with an intensity that makes me shiver.

I look away nervously.

What was that?

I don't know.

"So- so what you're just gonna keep me here? Or are you planning on k-killing m-me?" I stutter. I do that when im nervous.

"Cant kill you, papa's orders" he says, standing from his chair.

"Why not?" Thats sus.

"We don't kill the innocent" he says, walking over to a shelve, getting himself a cigarette. ew.

"You shouldn't kill. Period." I shrug, my eyes widening right after.

He looks me in the eyes, his face serious.

"Its all I know. Kill or be killed, thats the world I live in Princess" he says.

I feel my lips frown. A group of guys in school used to call me that. Because I turned down their friend. They said i thought highly of my self that i was spoilt rotten with love.

Just because i had 'nice' things. Everyone gave me that look. My cousin Taylor was always protecting me though, i was thankful for him.

"Dont call me that" I look away. "Look can I just go home? I won't tell anyone. Ill just tell my uncle I uh, relapsed or something I can make up an excuse I-"

"Relapsed?" He says making my head snap up. Shit.

"Never mind that, c-can I go please?" I ask him. He sighs.

"I can not let you go, we have some protocols, no exceptions" He says. "We're working on an alliance with the American President, as soon as we're good on that front, we'll let you go" he says.

I feel tears well up in my eyes and I look away.

"Stop that, don't" He flashes across the room, pulling my hand away from my other wrist.

I didn't even notice I was scratching at it.

I do that when Im anxious.

I look up at him and we make eye contact, he takes in a sharp breath.