CHAPTER 20

Im trying to clip my pearls around my neck. My hair's in the way and I cant find the loop to hook it in.

I click my tongue in annoyance straightening my arms to rest them then try again.

"Ughh come onn" I huff.

"Do you need help?" the deep voice sounds making me gasp and turn around, dropping the pearls. He looks at me, eyes trailing up and down my body. "Fuck" he spits, looking up at the ceiling.

"What" I whine looking down at my dress. I quickly grab my small coat and put it on, buttoning it up.

"What- What are you doing" he takes a step towards me.

"Wearing my coat?" I say adjusting the sleeves.

"Who wears a coat on top of a dress?" He says hand reaching for my shoulder but I back away.

"I do" I look up into his eyes, him in mine.

"Why" I've never heard his voice so soft and gentle. Something in me wants to tell him the truth. To pour my heart out to him. To tell him how heavy my heart has been all day because I don't like the way I look.

"My bust makes me look fat" I whisper. His face falls, eyebrows knotting making my eyes widen in shock at what I just admitted.

I stumble back from him.

"Im sorry I-"

"Arabella" He husks making me look at him. He walks closer to me, I look down.

I feel a hand on my chin and he lifts my face to look at him again.

"You're beautiful, you definitely aren't fat, I think you're the most gorgeous thing" He says, voice deep and husky making me squirm.

"No" I frown. "They, I'm not, they dont fit" I say again my eyes widening. He smiles a little.

Word vomit.

"Im so sorry I don't know why I can't stop talking I-" He grabs my flailing arms making me look at him again. "Im so embarrassed" I frown.

His hand cautiously reaches towards my body, as if making sure I don't freak out. I make a confused face and he, in a quick movement, opens the small button on my coat then slipping it off my shoulders.

"What are you-" He turns me around cutting me off.

"You look enchanting piccola." My stomach and chest feel like butterflies fill them. I look away from the mirror.

"It's not just that, people-" he turns me back around.

"If anyone looks at you the wrong way I'll kill the bastardo" He says, his eyes dark and scary. My head tilts, lips parting.

He looks enchanting.

"Let me put on your necklace, you'll be on my arm the whole night, I won't let you out of my sight, if you're uncomfortable mia cara, you can have my jacket and I'll take you home" He says. He has the prettiest green eyes.

"Why are you being nice" I say, my eyebrows furrowing making him release a chuckle.

"Fuck if I knew" He husks looking between my eyes. "I can't stand the thought of someone so beautiful thinking the words you spoke" He gently turns me around, bending down to pick up my pearls from the floor.

His front is so close to my back, I can feel the heat from his body. He leans in to me, I can feel his breath on my neck making me shudder.

I close my eyes till I hear the soft click of the necklace.

His phone suddenly rings making us step apart awkwardly. He picks up, intense eyes still on me as he answers.

"che cosa" he snaps.
(what)

I awkwardly stumble around looking for my shoes. I spot them by the ottoman and sit down to put them on.

You forgot lipstick. And perfume. And mascara.

I groan going to the vanity where Hunter is still standing.

Listening to his deep voice talking and feeling his eyes follow me around the room, I do my last few touch ups and soon he's done talking on the phone.

"You've been getting ready for 20 minutes, we're leaving" He husks. I look at him with narrowed eyes because of the remark but then nod.

He walks infront towards the door and I quickly grab the coat behind him sneakily but he turns around.

"Arabella-"

"I can't" I whisper looking up at him. "I can't" I shake my head frowning.

"Hey hey" He says bending his neck to look at my face. "You were just walking around infront of me" he says making me blush.

"Well I was just- you didn't look at me like- you said-" I stutter making him crack a smile. "Hey why are you smiling" I frown at him.

"Its okay, wear the coat" He says, then leans into my ear and whispers, "I like being the only one who's seen you look so smoking in that dress" My face heats red as he backs away smirking.

I wear the coat as he opens the door and motions for me to get out first. I blush running out, hearing him laugh behind me.

Ughh.