CHAPTER 24

My head hurts so much.

I groan loudly then wince at my own voice.

I whine lowly reaching for my phone. Peaking an eye open I see that it's noon. Why does my head hurt?

I was at the Gala then-

Alcohol. I drank. Oh no.

As soon as the realization hits me, I feel bile rise up and I run to the bathroom, throwing up what little food I had yesterday.

I take a few minutes to calm down before my eyes fill with tears at how I dont remember anything after Hunter told me I drank alcohol.

I'm afraid of it. Its a thing that makes people be abusive. It blinds a person and simple feelings of stress and anger become something uglier. Pure rage. I shake my head at the thought of me hurting a child. I hope I wasn't anywhere near Marco or Matteo.

When my breathing comes down to a normal, I get up and run the shower, a hot shower is what I need to be less drowsy.

~

After my shower, I got dressed in a loose red sweater and jeans. Its now the beginning of November and it's really cold out and these people do not feel cold at all, they keep it pretty cool inside aswell.

 Its now the beginning of November and it's really cold out and these people do not feel cold at all, they keep it pretty cool inside aswell

Once I feel like I look okay, I cautiously step out of my room, gently walking towards the stairs.

"Arabella" I hear his deep voice and I stop mid step, scrunching my eyes closed. Dang it.

I slowly turn around, looking at him in the doorway of his office.

"You okay?" He asks, shocking me and I nod quickly.

"Yes, I uh," breathe its fine. "Im sorry for yesterday, I dont even remember much I just, I've never had any before and I didn't know I was drinking it and I-"

"Hey shh" He walks towards me with him hands held up. "I am not angry" he tells me, making me look up at him.

"Why not?" I ask him suspiciously. Oh no he's going to kill me.

"What do you mean? I am just not angry, I know it was a mistake" He says.

"Y- what? im sorry! Are you getting rid of me?" I ask him, fear taking over.

"What the fuck does that mean?" He almost growls making me flinch back.

"You're g-gonna kill me aren't you, this is it you're letting me off cuz Im done" I shake my head looking down. "I knew going to a party was stupid what was I thinking" I mutter.

"You think so fucking low of me! l" He shouts making me jump in surprise. "Im not a fucking monster and I do not ever breach my word" He says. His voice is loud and he looks furious. Im against the wall now looking up at his angry form, tears welling up in my eyes.

When you're against a wall trapped by an angry person, you're gonna get hit.

His hand raises as he releases a frustrated sigh making me jerk my face to the side, flinching, anticipating a blow that never comes.

"You thought I would hit you?" he asks, his angry voice suddenly gone. I look at him, surprise taking over me when I see traces of sadness and regret in his eyes that look soft for the first time. Like ever.

"No" I whisper. I didn't mean to hurt his feelings.

He tried to choke you.

"You did" He says. His face hardens right after and he storms away, slamming the door to his office right after making me flinch. Oh no.

I sigh, turning back around to my room.

~

"Okay honey, thankyoy for calling I have been worried about you" My uncle says over the phone.

I called my uncle. I miss him, and I wanted to know if he's okay. And to let him know I was. I know he worries about me.

"Im okay uncle Richy, im sorry I went a month without calling" I say guiltily.

"Its alright, just keep in touch on text okay? Remember, there is no problems I can't solve, I have connections in odd places, anything you need, I can help okay?" he asks. My eyebrows furrow. Why would he say that?

"Uh yea okay" I finish up my call with him saying ill talk to him soon.

Sighing, I stand up, walking to the mirror, looking at myself. I dont know why I always look so tired. I huff.

After my aegument with Hunter, I didn't see him again, even when I went down to eat something because i was hungry.

I feel bad for hurting his feelings. I didn't mean to, its just how I am, I do wish I was more normal. But he does always look so mad I don't even know with him. I've seen rage go out of control. Its just scary to me.

Bleh.