CHAPTER 10

Downstairs, the atmosphere is completely different than the floor my room is on.

This actually feels like a home, where people live. I can hear chater coming from somewhere towards the right of the stairs.

"Mam, do you need something?" a woman asks me, her Italian accent evident.

"Uhm, just where the kitchen is?" i ask her.

"Oh sì, this way mam, follow" she says. She's so cute hehe. "In there" she points when we stop at a high archway.

"Oh okay, Grazie miss" I say making her smile very wide and pat my cheek.

"bellisima bellisima ragazza" she hums.
(beautiful beautiful girl)

I turn around to walk into the kitchen but I almost bump into someone.

"Whoa there pretty one" the guys deep voice sounds making me blush. "You good?" he asks, bending just a little to look at me. I nod quickly and he smiles. "My bad, who are you again?" he asks.

"This is Arabella, the girl those stupid dumbasses kidnapped on accident" Anna says coming over. "Bella, this is my brother Jayden, and thats his twin" she points to another guy by the large kitchen island. They're identical twins i think.

"Nice to meet you Arabella," Jayden says walking out of the kitchen.

"you too".

"Come, Zia made us waffles herself!" she squeals. I dont know what shes talking about but it sounds like a good thing. "Bella, this is my aunt, Shanaya and thats my mom, Alexandera" she introduces the two older women sitting in the kitchen. "This is Arabella".

"Hello dolcezza," they both smile at me warmly.

"How are you feeling now tesoro, better? I heard you passed out" the woman whos Anna's aunt frowns a little.

"Uhm ye-yeah im okay now, i don't remember much of yesterday its all a blur" i tell her and she nods.

"Well cara, please eat, I dont even know when you last ate, I apologise for this, its really unfair to you" she says and I just look down.

"Its fine".

~

Im currently walking around outside, the weather is beautiful since its early November. The 'estates', as they call it, are absolutely beautiful, they really do look like a modernised castle, the architecture that of ancient Rome.

As im walking around in the well kept greenery, I hear a loud barking. And its not a small dog.

I see a large black dobermann running around, his head whipping to me when he notices me.

He runs over to me.

Now I dont hate dogs. I actually think they're absolutely adorable, but I am scared of this big, deadly dog running towards me at full speed.

I take a step stumbling backwards.

The dog slows down near me, and takes a wiff of me. He looks up at me with curious eyes, head tilting. He lets out a whine and goes behind my legs, pressing his face into me, as if hiding from someone.

I see a maid in a cliche but modest outfit, running towards us.

I put my hand behind me to find his head and scratch it.

"Are you hiding from your care keeper hmm?" I coo at him making him whine/growl. I laugh.

"Sorry mam, hes a devil-" she pauses her eyes widening. "h-he isnt that nice to me" she shrugs.

"No he's a sweet boy" I coo, turning to him. I look back to the maid, she's holding a grooming brush.

"The Don wants him broshed everyday mam" Her accent kinda sounds german almost. "But he never lets me, always running" she sighs exasperatedly.

"I can brush his fur" i say, and she happily hands me the brush. "You can go if you want" I say and she nods,

"Ill be back to take him to the don" she says, leaving.

I brush out his hair, sitting on the grass, talking to him about random things.

"Your dads such a prissy old man, huh? Yes he is, he's so mean" I coo at him and he looks so happy.

"And who's his dad?" I hear a deep husky voice, making me look up, but i squint my eyes in the sun.

"You?" i say in a questioning tone.

"Get up youre sitting in dirt." he commands making me raise an eyebrow. "And dont talk to him like a baby, he's a deadly beast".

"Noo hes a sweet boy, yes you aree Wolfy" i scratch his little cheeks.

"thats not his name" I ignore him and continue playing with the dog "ARLO" He suddenly shouts, making the cute doggy stand to his full height face stoic. "ringhiare!" he says like a command. The dog growls, his sharp teeth showing. "Pericolo" he points at me making the dog turn to me, deadly eyes, growling. I look at him tilting my head. He sticks his tongue out, his growl lower. He turns back to the 'Don'.
(Growl!) (Danger)

"What the fuck?" he spits.