CHAPTER 87 -Chimera Ant-

Third person POV

The sun beat down on the dusty road as three friends, Gon, Rin, and Killua, made their way towards the NGL rainforest. It took them some time to reach NGL, and they were made to go through a specific procedure that prohibits the use of any materials that are mechanical in nature.

The three of them had also altered their clothing to fit the regulations of the restricted zone. Even though the security in NGL was tight, they had to follow them in order to begin their quest to find the dragon ball.

As they ride their horses, the scenery around them changed from urban to rural, and finally, to the dense rainforest. The air was thick with the sounds of birds and rustling leaves, and the heat and humidity enveloped them like a blanket.

"What's the point of handing us the Dragon radar if we couldn't even bring it inside NGL," Rin huffed.

They continued down the winding dirt road until they reached a small clearing.

"At least they allowed us to mark the spot with the map they gave us." Gon attempted to reassure Rin, but the girl was not convinced at all.

"Is that even helpful?"

"Come on this is nothing, have you forgotten the blank map we had back in Greed Island?" Killua frowned when he thought back on Gon's tenacious determination to obtain the blank map.

"You had a point, but if this is the case, it will take more than a week to find the Dragon Ball." Rin groaned

"Anyway, we should follow the coastline and check the villages. If we go through all of them and nothing turns up, it probably isn't there." Gon, who had been absorbed in his study of a map, glanced up with a grin.

Rin's brow furrowed as she looked off into the horizon and stared blankly.

"It's here alright... I can feel it."

Unbeknownst to them, the four Dragon Balls in her possession glowed dim orange.

*****************

The forest was eerily silent as Gon, Rin, and Killua hiked through the dense trees. The air was thick with the smell of damp leaves and decaying wood, and the only sound was the crunching of their footsteps on the forest floor.

As they turned a corner, their eyes fell upon a horrifying sight. Rin recoiled in shock, her hand clamped over her mouth. Killua let out a strangled gasp while Gon's eyes widened in horror, as he backed away slowly, his gaze fixed on the gruesome sight.

The willow tree created shadows all over the undergrowth as the light shone through and glistened down on the corpse. Her brain, ripped from her skull, lay in pieces on the ground. Her limbs were torn off in such a way that it was impossible to tell who or what had caused it. Her features were all squashed up and squished together like a squashed pumpkin. Remnants of the brain painted the curb. Massive amounts of blood could be seen. The red substance has completely covered the earth.

For a moment, the three friends stood frozen, their minds struggling to comprehend what they were seeing. Then, Killua stepped forward, his face filled with determination.

Looking closer, there's something in the open head. A shiny, deformed piece of metal. A bullet. That person was shot!

"This is... bullet casing!" Killua grabbed the bullet from the bloodied ground. His eyes widened in shock.

"Nothing mechanical should be allowed here, right?" Gon turned to Killua with his eyebrow furrowed.

"It means the underground rulers of NGL were manufacturing guns in addition to drugs." Killua could only assume as he continue to inspect the scene.