CHAPTER 41 -Heavens Arena-

Warning: Mature content; There will be language, blood and gore in this chapter, you have been warned.

********************

Third person POV

Darkness...

It was the first thing she realized as her heavy eyelids fluttered open.

'What happened?'

That was the first thought that came to mind followed by a thudding headache. Her eyes closed against the dull pain as she tried to move her hand to her head-- except that it didn't move.

"...!"

Her eyes widened as realization kicked in.

'What the--'

 Now that she's fully awake, she realized that something was restraining her arms

 Now that she's fully awake, she realized that something was restraining her arms. The cold metallic feeling around her wrist indicated that her hands were shackled to the wall. Not only she couldn't move her arms, but she also couldn't lift a finger. It was like her whole body was paralyzed.

That's right, she remembered Casper said something about a poison finally kicked in. So, the food was poisoned all along. Damn it, she let her guard down for a moment and this was what she got?!

She tried to wrench her arms free, yanking them every now and then, but her arms refused to follow her instructions. She cried out trying to gather her strength back, but even with all her efforts, it was pointless. She couldn't escape from the shackles around her wrist.

Rin couldn't contain the fury within her as she screamed the perpetrator's name.

"CASPER!!! I KNOW THIS IS YOUR DOING!"

"Stop being such a coward and face me!" She yelled out, a shout mingled with fury and panic.

That's when the stuffy air invaded her mouth that caused her to gag.

"...!" Her eyes were wide open again.

'How haven't I noticed it before?'

Now that she really focused, there was a metallic scent of blood mixed with the stench of excretion. She couldn't help the urge to throw up. It felt like fingers of decay were forcing their way down her throat and lodging in her heart.

She drew in a ragged breath, one after another. The feeling was back again and again. Even if she didn't want to draw in another breath, she was forced to inhale some oxygen to breathe. Rin truthfully hated this feeling. And that just caused her hatred for the pearly white-haired guy tripled.

That's when she heard a squeak from rusty hinges-- someone was coming in. By the faint scent of the perfume, she knew who it was and her forehead creased.

"Well, it's not even a surprise to see you awake. How are you feeling, Rin-san?" The guy smiled ever so innocently.

But that just triggered her wrath.