Chapter 8

~ 3 Months Later~

"If you could sign right on the line Ms.Monroe this new 2022 Jeep Rubicon is all yours. The payments start 10 months from today." 

A tear slips from my eyes as I sign my name on my car paperwork, I just can't believe I'm finally getting my dream car. 

"You okay ma'am?" The car sales woman ask.

I quickly wipe the tear from my eye and I tell her, "Yeah, but if you would've told me 3 months ago that I would be able to afford my dream car, I would've called you crazy." 

She gives me a smile and hands me my car keys, I slowly walk to my brand new car, with my bright smile not even fading from my face. 

My life is finally right where I want it to be

My life is finally right where I want it to be. I'm on the path headed toward my dream career, I have the most amazing best friend a girl could ask for, and I even started seeing someone. I've never been so happy, everything is falling into place and I'm only 23 years old. My designs are doing amazing and Lucy has even agreed to sell some of my designs in her store. She really thinks I can make some profit off of them, she also says it's a great start on getting my name out there. 

"So it's all yours?" Gavin asks me

"Yes honey, it's all mine." I say as we both stare into the parking lot at my new car. 

"I'm so proud of you, I swear babe, ever since that day we met, it's all you've been talking about. I'm glad you finally have it." He says snaking his arms around me. 

"Mhmm, look at you sweet talking me." I say pecking him on his lips.

"Is it working?" He ask kissing my forehead. 

"A little," I say giggling back at him. 

"Come on, let's have some lunch." He says leading me back to our table.

"Oh God!" I hear a scream as I enter my... me and Amy's apartment. Turns out being a start-up Actress doesn't pay much, especially in San Diego. Amy got evicted about a month and a half ago, and what kind of bestie would I be if I just let her live on the streets. So she lives with me and Luna now. 

I run towards her bedroom and open the door to find Amy and this other man intertwined in the sheets. 

"Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry." I say closing the door.

"Damnit Rey!" I hear Amy scream and after that a loud thud. 

"You okay Tesoro?" The strange man mumbles.