Chapter 25

I look down at the 5th positive pregnancy test. I just can't believe it. Was I manifesting when I lied to Amy? I wrap it up in some tissue and throw it in the trash. I open the door and head back to my seat beside Tory on her plane. 

"You okay?" She ask

"I'm fine, just air sickness." 

"I see the puffiness from your cheek swelled down since our last meeting. That was some bee sting Reyelle." She says handing my a bottle of water. I give her a smile as my finger tips brush my "bee sting" bruise. Turns out, Callum hit me pretty hard. He left a big red bruise on my cheek and it took every moisturizer to get it down and back to my normal skin color. Amy wants to kill him. Matteo hasn't talked to him. Last he heard his father took him on a mysterious Italy trip and he won't be back anytime soon. Good. 

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do with this whole pregnancy situation. I've always wanted a family, but not until my 30's. But, this baby had other plans. I'm not showing, but I think Tory is growing suspicious of me, because morning sickness is a real thing. It's not a myth like I always thought, but so far it has been rough. I've gone to the bathroom 3 times already and we're only 2 hours into our 5 hour flight. My mom has been so understanding through this whole situation. She knows all about the slap thing and the pregnancy. She's been so supportive even though I know she doesn't agree with the whole child out of wedlock thing. She's always be so old school, but now that she knows her child almost went through the same abuse she did, she's been nicer. I even saved her a front row seat to the NYFW show.

"As soon as we get there we have 3 hours Reyelle to prep, makeup, and our finishing words for the finale. Is your friend on her way?" Tory ask sipping her dark coffee, which I can't seem to stand the smell of. 

"No, she won't be able to make it, but I called in a reinforcement. Her name is Tiffany and she's beautiful and Amazing! You'll love her." 

As soon as Amy told me she wouldn't be able to go because of her pregnancy almost at its ending term I knew Tiffany was gonna be my next call. She was a little surprised by my call but she instantly agreed to model for me. Tiffany, just like Amy, is a natural model. Her brunette hair, her all natural curves, I just can't believe she wants to continue to be a cafe manager for the rest of her life. She has so much potential, but hopefully with her modeling for this fashion line, will get her a few gigs and potentially a modeling contract. 

"She sounds amazing! I can't wait to meet her. You rest up, I'm about to go take a shower!" She says taking her smelly dark coffee with her. Thank God. I quickly nod off to sleep thinking of nothing but my future in the fashion industry. 

╚»★«╝

"Ms.Monroe did you say the gold or the silver belt with this outfit?" One of the models Tory hired ask me. 

"Gold, always gold." I say as I walk toward Tiffany. An assistant was curling her brunette hair I always loved. 

"Hey Tiff, this dress was made for you girl." I say placing some gold hoop in her ears.

"Thanks Reyelle, I still can't believe you chose me to model for your collection." She says closing her eyes in disbelief. 

"You're a natural." Tory says coming up behind me and waving off the assistant that was finishing up Tiffany's hair. 

"Thank you, I better go ahead and line up for the runway." Tiffany says giving me a shy smile and heading towards the stage. 

"This is it Reyelle!" Tory says grabbing my hands. I give her a nervous nod as I make my way to stage to introduce our collection. Nothing can ruin this moment for me. Not even Callum. Not him hitting me, not him disappearing to Italy with his Father. This moment is about me, this moment is about how far I've come as a new fashion designer. This is my big break.