Chapter 28

"Just dinner Rey?" Amy ask sitting down across from me.

"That was it." I say scribbling down some designs I had come up with. "Besides, it was a week ago."

"A WEEK!! and you're just now telling me?"

"It slipped my mind." I'm lying. It's all I've been thinking about this past week. Des is a nice guy, he's handsome, very sweet and has a good head on his shoulders. I'm just not ready for a relationship.. at all! Especially not with Callum's best friend.

"Liar," Amy says pointing at my pen. She always knows when I'm lying, i fidget with my hands when I do.

"Fine. I'm not ready. I want to focus on me and my baby. I find out the gender today, and Callum insisted on coming." I say watching Amy roll her eyes at the mention of his name.

"And that's okay. It's important to set up boundaries Rey, and I'm glad you finally did." She says giving my hand a tight squeeze.

╚»★«╝

"Ms.Monroe, how is 2nd Trimester treating you?" Dr.Kristie ask as she spreads the cold jelly around my belly.

"Pretty good. Better than the 1st." I say looking over at Callum who is staring at the screen where our baby will pop up.

"And, I'm assuming this is your boyfriend?" She ask looking at me and back at Callum. I see him look up from the corner of my eye.

"No, just the baby's father." I say with the upmost reassurance. He looks back at the screen and waits for the baby to appear. She glances over at Callum and grabs the ultrasound tool and begins to run it around my belly. Sure enough my baby pops up on the screen and my heart races at the sight of my creation. The female body is so incredible, I've read so many books about pregnancy and life after pregnancy. I just can't wait until my baby gets here. My life will be complete. 

"Are we finding out gender today?" Dr. Kristie ask looking at me and back to Callum. I look over at him and he smiles at me and gives me a nod. She takes the hint and starts moving the ultrasound tool around.

"Well... it looks like you guys are going to be welcoming a healthy baby... GIRL!" She says stoping the tool from moving on my belly. A tear slips down my eye as I stare at my beautiful baby girl. She's my whole life now. Callum reaches over and grabs my hand and gives it a reaffirming squeeze. I bet she's going to look just like Callum, he has strong genes, especially from seeing Lilliana and how his genes totally crushed Ramona's. 

"Do you guys want some photos of your daughter?" She ask putting the tool away and rubbing the rest of the jelly off. 

"Yes please, a couple actually, we have some friends and family who would want to see her." I say pulling down my shirt and sitting up from the lounge. She nods and leaves the room to go get us our copies of our baby girl. 

"She's so beautiful already," he says just as the door closes. 

"Yes, she is. I think she's gonna inherit our curls." I says tugging at one of my loose curls hanging in my face. 

"Definitely. I would be a little suspicious if she didn't." 

"What do you mean by that?" I asked confused. He puts his head in his hands for a few minutes and looks back up at me. 

"I've been wondering if she's mine or not." He says fixing his hair. I stare at him in anger. He is actually so stupid. Who else have I been fucking? Is he actually slow? 

"You've got to be kidding me. If you don't want to claim her as yours. Just fucking say that!" I say getting up and heading towards the door. He grabs my wrist. His touch on my wrist is one that will never send romantic chills up my arm never again. Just terror and fear, a fear as if he would maybe hit me again.