Chapter 32

I run up to Des just as he turns around, I catch him a little off guard but he retaliates and picks me up. I snuggle my head in his neck as I wrap my legs around his waist. To say I missed him, would be a enormous understatement. He sets me down as we both look into each others eyes.

"I'm okay baby.." I don't even let him finish as I connect my lips to his. Both of his place themselves softly on my cheeks and our lips begin to mold together.

"Don't ever do that to me again." I mumble against his lips as I peck them again. Our heads connect and my hands rest on his chest.

A throat clears itself startling me. I look up at Des and he's already looking at the person behind me. I turn around and I'm met with those familiar icy blue eyes. Cold as the winter night, those same eyes that left me and my daughter. I feel tears well up in my eyes as I walk behind Des, using him as a human shield from the man I've been avoiding for almost 2 years.

"Capo." Des says interlocking our hands together, this somewhat calms my shaking but not all the way. (Boss)

"Good to see you've been keeping my woman happy, Des." He says walking up to us, I squeeze Des's hand tighter as I peek behind his head. Callum is right in front of us, probably a foot away.

"Boss..."

"I WASN'T BOSS WHILE YOU WERE FUCKING HER, AND I'M NOT BOSS NOW! CUT THE SHIT DES!" Callum screams making me sob a bit, but I hold majority of it in. I hear a gun cock and my eyes widen.

"Move and you won't get killed." is all he says as Des's grip on me grows tighter.

"C, don't do this."

"You're my best friend. This is..." he trails off waving the gun in circles around us.

"So low, even for you." he finishes.

"YOU LEFT ME!" I finally yell stepping in front of Des, protecting him now.

"Reyelle, get back behind me. NOW!" Des says tugging on my arm. But my eyes stay locked with Callum's. I want all of my hurt energy from him leaving me to radiate all over his ass. Because saying I hate him, is such an understatement.

"YOU LEFT ME! I was 6 months pregnant! I was stressed as fuck, and I thought we were cool. I thought we were gonna start from the top. A FRESH SLATE! I WAS WRONG!" I say slapping him with all the strength left in me.

"Reyelle, let me..." he says but I lift my hand up, signaling him to just save it.

"I'm not done. When I'm done then you can talk all you want, but it's my turn."

"You have no clue what you put me through. Therapy. Early birth. Our daughter... yeah the baby you put inside of me. She's one years old." I say letting out a tear thinking of Moira. Without her and Des, I would be dead somewhere.

"I hate you. I HATE YOU! If Moira never existed, and I didn't give a shit about you, I would kill you right now." I say not even realizing I threatened him, but I don't care.

"And Callum, If you kill Des, you're gonna have to kill me too. Because, I love him. I LOVE HIM! There's nothing you can do about..."

"I KNOW." He yells stepping closer to me, as our lips are inches away from each other. "You don't have to say it, because I know. There's nothing I can do about it. Not a damn thing."

"He's easy to love. He has never once hurt me. He loves me and Moira with his whole heart." I say turning to him, a smile starts to appear on his lips. "He's been more of a Dad to Moira than you ever will be."

I grab Des's hand as I push Callum aside, We walk out of their headquarters. I take my seat on the passenger side of my jeep as we head home.

╚»★«╝

Morning sun rays hit my eyes as I slowly awake from my sleep. I open them slowly readjusting to the bright light coming from my window. I feel Des's arms pull me closer to him, a smile immediately comes upon my lips.

"Good Morning." I say turning to face him. His hair is a mess, I guess that's kinda my fault. But I love his crazy morning curls. 

"Morning." He smiles brining his lips to mine. I can never let this man go, he completes me. 

"We need to talk." He say breaking our kiss. I though we were about to do round 2, but his stern voice came out and he only brings it out when he's serious. 

"About?" 

"Well, since Callum is back. Don't you think he needs a chance to meet his daughter?" He ask. I wiggle out of his arms as I sit up in our bed. He can't be serious. 

"You're kidding. The man who almost killed you yesterday? Meeting my daughter? Hell no." I say getting up and walking over to the bathroom.

"Wait." He says putting his hand on the door before I could slam it. Damnit! 

"Rey, I've been by your side the whole way. So believe me when I say, he won't hurt you or Moira."

"If he wanted to meet her... he would've stayed. He didn't. He's a fucking deadbeat!" I say trying to shut the door but Des's arm is stopping me. 

"Do you love Moira?" He ask. Is he stupid? She's my whole world. I would be dead in a ditch if she wasn't here right now. 

"Of course. She's my whole life." The tears fill my eyes as I think about how I had to grow up fatherless. It hurts, and I did promise myself that me and Callum would have a good co-parenting relationship. 

"You're my whole life. She is too. Just let him see her baby, don't take his daughter away." He says wiping the stray tear. 

Not only am I saying yes to Moira, but as soon as Matteo finds out about this, he would want Lilliana to see Callum too. This is an all or nothing situation. But, I will make it very clear to Callum that he will not be in and out of her life. If he really wants to see her, then he's gonna have to fight for this trust again. 

"I just want her to be happy." I say finally being able to close the bathroom door. I lock the door and drop to my knees and cry. I hope this is the right decision. 

╚»★«╝

"He's gonna be here any minute. I'll be in the living room." Des says giving Moira a kiss and a reassuring nod for me. 

"Are you ready to see Dada?" I ask my baby girl. She giggles and goes back to sucking on her pacifier. It's good to know one of us is not nervous for this. Matteo decided not to let Lilliana reunite with Callum just yet. So Amy,Lilliana, and Matteo jr are out for ice cream. Which sucks, because I could really use Amy right now. But I have Des, which makes my stomach butterflies go away a little bit. 

Moira lays her head on my shoulder as I bounce her around. So much for him being here any minute now. Minutes turned into more minutes, which turned into a whole hour. I hear the front door open and I know it's him, just by the vibe that just waved over me. I walk out of the sun room and around the corner and our eyes meet. He gives me a light smile and his eyes immediately land on Moira. Sleeping Moira.

"Hey, how are you?" He sorta whispers walking up to me slowly. 

"Good, and you?" I ask rocking Moira. 

"Good. Listen.." 

"Callum, please. No more apologies. I'm done with it. You never mean it. We are going to be co-parents for Moira. That's all." I say interrupting him. He looks a little pissed, but I could care less. I love him but from a distance. He's going to be an amazing father for Moira. That's all. 

"Can I hold her?" He ask. I hesitate at first, but I nod as I slowly hand her to him. She immediately layes her head on his neck and snuggled up close to him. My heart melts instantly. Dad and Daughter. Daughter and Dad. 

I hope Callum enjoys this feeling. The feeling of someone else's comfort in him. Something he took away from me and I pray he never takes it away from Moira.