Chapter 12

~ Callum POV~

"Calmati figliolo," my father says as he can see my face turning red. Something it rarely does, it only does this when he brings up her. Her who ruined all of hope in the worldly desire everyone wants, Love. (Calm down Son)

"You want me to be calm father? Do you even remember what she did?" I ask him trying not to yell.

"Era più di un anno fa figliolo!" he yells back. (It was over a year ago son!) 

"She still did it father, with my best fucking friend!" I yell back knocking over and shattering a glass of scotch he had on his desk. I take a few deep breaths and sit down on the couch just as my mother walks in. 

"Tutto ok?" she ask rushing to my side giving me a kiss on the side of my head. (Everything okay?) 

"Sì mamma," I say trying to rub the frustration out of my head. 

"Cosa ti ho detto di quel tuo carattere? eh?" She ask looking down at the shattered glass once holding scotch. (What have I told you about that temper of yours? huh?)

I brush her hand from my shoulders and walk out of my fathers office. I can't with my mothers pity today. My initiation ball is in 1 week, and my father is still talking about the arranged marriage between Me and the Latin mafia princess, Romona Lorenzo-Hernandez. 

I gotta say, I had a soft spot for Romana ever since I was 15 years old. But that all changed the day I saw her and my best friend in a position they should've never been in. Romona is a beautiful woman, she just needs someone who is gonna deal with her whore phase, and I definitely am not going to. I'll cut off both of my arms and feed them to Matteo's cane corso before I ever touch her again. Intimately at least.

I hear a knock on my office door and I just can't deal with anyone right now. If I do, I'll probably blow their brains out, and we can't loose anymore of our men. 

"Go away!" I yell throwing my glass at the door making whoever stand there jump back. This gives me a little more satisfaction. Knowing someone fears me. 

Another knock on the door and I just know whoever is behind this door wants to die today, they're definitely testing my patience. I finally get up and I open the door abruptly startling the chocolate figure, my chocolate figure. She looks up at me with fear in her eyes and a freshly pressed black satin shirt hanging from her arms. Her lips tremble as I look her up and down and the satisfaction from the fear that was once there fades away. Her brown eyes struggle to find mine and something in my heart starts aching. 

"Amore, I didn't know it was you." I quickly say stepping aside letting her in.  She pauses for a moment but steps into my office as I close the door. Her lips still trembling as I look at her again. 

"Reyelle, I promise If I would've know it was you, I wouldn't have done that." I say grabbing her arm not holding the shirt. Surprisingly she doesn't pull away and her lips stop trembling, she looks up at me a gives me a faint smile. I walk her over to my couch and we both sit in silence for a few moments. 

"I designed this shirt for you." She finally says handing it to me. "It's very basic, but I've only ever seen you wear black and I wanted you to like it so.." she says trying to finish as my lips connect with hers.