Chapter 26

~ 5 months later ~

These last couple of months have a been a bliss

These last couple of months have a been a bliss. Pregnancy glow is real. My melanin is popping, my body is curving, my boobs are plumping. I'm excited for my baby to enter this world, that way I can have a best friend for life.

"Sweetheart, why don't you just stay the rest of your term here with me. I'd feel so much better knowing you're safe here with me." My mom says handing me the matcha she made for me.

"Mom, my store won't run itself. Besides Matteo ordered one of his drivers to come pick me up and drop me off on his private plane. Which leaves in...." I trailed off look at my watch. "3 hours."

"Fine. But be careful, I don't need my grand baby getting hurt before she/he enters the world." She says giving my already sore belly a fist bump.

"I love you mom." I say giving her one last hug as a knock comes from the door.

"It's me Ms.Monroe, Matteo sent me to come pick you up and drop you off at the airport." A familiar husky voice says. I go to open the door and I'm very grateful and a little shocked to see Des.

"Hey Des, I thought you would be in Italy with Callum." I say picking up my purse.

"Oh no, I haven't talked to boss in months now. Matteo was going to send in a rookie, but I offered for you could be more comfortable." He says picking up my suitcase, he gives me a smile and my mom a wave and takes my suitcase to the car.

"I like him," my mom says giving me a cheek kiss before closing the door. I make my way to the car and before I could open the door for myself Des comes around and gives me a smile and opens the door for me.

"Thank you Des." He nods and shuts the door. The drive was silent at first but Des finally speaks, breaking the awkward silence.

"I didn't know you were this far along," Des says placing his hand on my belly. I jump out of habit not expecting him to do that.

"Sorry, I should've asked." He says focusing back on the road.

"I—-it's okay, I just wasn't expecting that." I finally say placing my hand on my heart feeling it beat rapidly.

"Ms.Monroe, I want you to know, you didn't deserve that." He says.

"You know?" I ask as my voice cracks.

"Well, Ms.Monroe, I don't know if you know this but, Matteo has a big mouth when he's angry."

"Why can't he just shut up!" I put my head in my hands in frustration.

"Ms.Monroe, I'm stepping out of my place for saying this but, you're a beautiful woman and any guy would be so lucky to call you his. Don't let people take advantage of that pretty little heart or yours." 

"Thank you Des, that's means a lot." I say looking up and giving him a friendly smile. 

╚»★«╝