Chapter 9

Thanks for reading this far! <3 

"You're designs were amazing, they sold out in the first 2 weeks." Lucy tells me.

"Oh my gosh! I can't believe it." I tell her as she hands me a paper will all of my sales on them. 

"Believe it Honey! Here's your half of the sales." She says handing me a check. 

I take it from her and look down, $800 dollars. Ain't no way! My pieces were sold $50 a piece and it says here I sold 200 pieces of clothing. If I'm doing the math correctly it's $10,000 I should be receiving. 800 is far far off from 10,000.

"Hey Lucy?" I say.

"Yes honey?" She hums back.

"So, correct me if I'm wrong, but there were 200 pieces sold for $50, so according to the math I should be receiving $10,000 not $800." I tell her.

She sets down her pen and her coffee. Which she likes pure black by the way, someone who doesn't like cream or sugar in their coffee sends bitter signals instantly. 

"Honey, if you were selling under your own name, you're damn right. The $10,000 dollars would be yours. But you sold under Lucy Pegram Boutique, Therefore, most of that money stays with my company." She says staring at me intensely.

Damnit, How could I forget that? 

"The design is still under your name honey, don't worry. It's just my company name is a bit bigger than yours." She says taking a sip of her coffee. 

"But don't you worry dear, If you keep selling like this. You will have all the money you want and need." She says picking her pen back up signaling me to leave. 

"Thanks Lucy," I say getting up and leaving her office, I can't believe this right now. I open the door to my office and take a seat at my desk. 

I sketch out something that was suppose to be a formal look, but turned into a nice jacket. This definitely wasn't my intention but I'm liking it a lot. This jacket would be perfect for San Diego weather, especially since the cold weather is approaching us. 

I add a simple belt as I look at the final product! Love it! I head to the fabric room to get some fabric samples to attach to the design

"Watch it!" someone says as I look up from my design. I totally just knocked all of this stuff out of this poor girl's hand. 

"I'm so sorry," I say bending down helping her pick up her stuff. 

"It's okay, believe it or not this is the 3rd time this has happened today." She says 

I laugh as we look up at each other and make eye contact. It's the brunette girl who blamed me for 'stealing' Lucy's designs. 

"Hey, I think we've met before." I say as I hand her the last paper she dropped.