Chapter 22

~ Callum POV ~ 

"We've been sitting in this position for two days C, they probably know we're here by now." Matteo says searching through the van's mini fridge. 

I've bout had it with his smart mouth. I'm running off of 2 black coffees and a bad phone call with my girlfriend. Nobody has come out of the Lorenzo-Hernandez central building in 21 hours, I'm debating on sending 3 of my men in there to plant the bombs, but that seems a little risky. But, I know this mission will work, it has to, this whole rival mafia thing is just stressing me out. Plus, I refuse to marry Ramona to solve any of this rage between the Italian and Latin families. 

"Matteo, I'm in charge okay? If I wanted your opinion, I would've asked damnit!" I say looking over at him sipping some scotch he found. "And if you keep drinking that, you won't be going anywhere in the central building, I don't need drunk Matteo fucking everything up!" 

He laughs, this fucker is laughing in my face. He coughs a little bit but continues to laugh, I ignore him and turn back to the hidden inside cameras I had my men come here last week to plant. I see Santiago in his room counting his money and smoking a cigar, hopefully his last cigar. This man is going to die today! 

"Hey Des, remember, Santiago is mine. Capture him and bring him back to the basement of my home in San Diego." I say not bothering to look back at him, I trust Des, and I know he hear me loud and clear. 

"C, are you alright?" Matteo ask putting a firm hand on my shoulder. Something I didn't expect one bit 

"I'm fine," I say shrugging his hand off my shoulder and sipping another coffee. 

"You sure, you seem frustrated," he says sitting beside me. I let out a breath,I know I've been holding for over 21 hours. 

"Reyelle told me she loved me," I say setting down my coffee mug and looking at him. 

"She did! She's a keeper, I knew it from the moment she told you off on the yacht that day." He chuckles and flips his head back. 

"Yeah, but you wanna know what I said?" I ask him getting angry with myself. 

"What?" 

"I didn't say anything, I grabbed my bags and left." I say putting my face into my hands. 

"C!!! That was a pretty jerked up move," he says patting my shoulder. "Do you love her?" 

I look up at him and I feel my heart skip a few beats just thinking of her. Is this love? I care for her more than anything in this life. Have I finally found love? Did Reyelle turn over a whole new leaf for me? Whatever this feeling is, I loan for it more, she does this to me. I want to be with her forever, for once, I'm genuinely happy. 

"Yes, I love her, more than anything in this world," I tell him, not being afraid to be vulnerable with him. 

"Then, why didn't you tell her that?" 

"I was scared Matteo, I've never loved since... Romona. For once in my life, I was scared if I got attached, I would loose her." I say putting my face in my hands again. 

"C, she's like a star, you've gotta catch her before it's too late and she falls. Then she's gone forever."

"Boss, some guards just came out of the central building," Alex comes up behinds me and points to the security camera. 

"Des, take A team and take out those security guard and go get Santiago. He's in his room, kill anyone who gets in your way. I will take B team and plant the bombs in the middle central garden and in the main living room area. No fuck ups!" I say grabbing another gun and putting the strap over me.